Thompson Center Venture predator .204 ruger

Remingtonman

I was wondering who here has the t/c venture predator in .204 ruger and what kind of groups you guys were getting with yours? Im looking for some reloading data for 40gr loads if anyone has any. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I was literally about to post about this gun. I have one sitting on hold for me until Friday. I was wondering about the review on this gun. Is it worth its money?

Rugerider I have two thompson center venture rifles. I have one in 204ruger(predator) and the other is a venture in 300win mag. I like both of them alot and have a nice load developed for my 300 win mag shooting 180gr. accutips. At 100yds i was shooting a .60" group. My 204 shot 2 holes through each other with a 40gr. nosler balistic tip(at 100yds)the 3rd shot was high and alittle to the right but im still trying to find the right load she likes. Ive killed 2 fox with my 204, one at 70yds and the other at 120yds. The t/c 204 also has the 1 in 10 twist barrel so it can handle the heavier bullets. I would post some picts up of them but for some reason predator masters wont let me upload them due to sizing requirements. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with. Hope this helps.

I have the 204 in predator. Im shooting factory 40g vmaxes in a dime group at 100. One of the most accurate guns Ive owned. Mine has about 250 rds through it and hasnt had a hiccup.

The one that is waiting on me is $549. Is that a good price on these? I looked on gunbroker and found a couple that are a little more and a little less. I was wondering about the barrel twist. How is the action?

I have this gun in 22-250 and have used the 223 (my father owns it) and I would hands down recommend it.

I have developed my own loads and it shoots .3moa groups for me. It's light and shoots really well. I have always thought that it feels good, solid, and shoots consistent groups everytime. I have been able to zap my fair share of Prarie Dogs at over 500 yrds with the 22-250 and done so enough that friends were calling me a dog hog.

I think that i have shot about 1000rounds though it and just this last weekend i took $20 off a friend for shooting through the opening at 100yrds and blowing out the bottom of an aluminum beer bottle.
I won't trade that gun away. I like it so much, i thought about getting the 204.

Originally Posted By: rugerider The one that is waiting on me is $549. Is that a good price on these? I looked on gunbroker and found a couple that are a little more and a little less. I was wondering about the barrel twist. How is the action?

That is about right for the predator version (dipped camo) You may find one for a little less, but that is about right.

I like the action, it's smooth and doesn't rattle like a AXIS, and it's got the same twist as most other bolt guns... Where its' nice is the rifling. They don't use the 6 groove 90* groves, but the Russian style 5 groove 45* anlge groves. I think that it makes the difference on the accuracy. My dad's 223 shoots .5 moa easily with factory 53gr superperformance. I have swabbed it out over the past several years, and it has, in my opinion, less copper fouling than others. It's an easy gun to maintain and care for. I have had mine for about 4 years, 3 for sure, and it's as good as the day i got it.. A few wear spots, on the camo dip, but i leave it in the truck like a ranch gun and it is doing great.

Originally Posted By: rugerider The one that is waiting on me is $549. Is that a good price on these? I looked on gunbroker and found a couple that are a little more and a little less. I was wondering about the barrel twist. How is the action?

That price of $549 is mediocre not a bad deal. Buds Gun Shop is all sold out and everyone else is asking around $600 if you can find one in .204. Does the one you are buying come with the t/c scope? With a barrel twist of 1 in 10 you could shoot bullets up to 50gr's but if your going to do that, you might as well get a 22-250. AS far as the action goes, it is very smooth. I love the action on mine and couldnt be happier with it.

It's not the dipped version. I am not super particular on optics, but would it be better to see if I can get the shop to knock some money off if I don't take the scope? Is it any good?

Originally Posted By: rugeriderThanks for letting me know about the rebate too!

Im pretty sure the rebate only applies to the Venture Predator. That price seems kind of steep if your gun isnt camoed. Ive seen them on gunbroker and armslist for $400 or so.

I don't like the scope that it comes with..

If i was buying a new coyote gun today, I would get the Vortex 4-12 with Bullet drop reticle.

Hey fellas just a heads up.

Go to the T/C web page and you will see over to the left side and down a little you will see a RECALL for The VENTURE.

Best to check this out so you know your rifle is completely safe.

The recall was on the first years, and they paid to send it in and get it back.. But i will tell you that i didn't notice anything, and mine worked well, and i don't know what they changed, but it didn't change anything.

T-Bone on mine they actually changed the trigger and confirmed that by placing a dimple on the top of the sear. The paperwork from the repair unit indicates what they did if anything.

I sent my predator in and they replaced the whole trigger assembly free of charge. Like 17freak said they also put a dimple in the top of the sear.

Back