Flippin' Bushnell.................

First off, Bushnell ain't Leupold. Nobody is going to fix that scope, or even attempt to fix it. Period.

Second of all, if they were, the seal would have to be broken to do it.

I really don't see what point you are trying to make here.

Again, who cares if a broken scope is no longer fogproof?

I've got 3 bushnell elites. I like all of em alot especially for the money. a fixed 10x bushnell elite 3200, and elite 4200 6-24, and a elite HDMR FFL mil/mil 3.5-21. I am a nightforce guy my self but all of the bushnells I have bought have done what they were supposed to do. Glass is not bad, it holds zero, and tracks well. But now the 3200 10x has fogged up so bad you can only see the reticle when lookeed at the light. I have been happy till now. Maybe I shouldn;t gripe as I paid $100 several years ago and the scope has seen alot of use. I wouldn't be scared to buy another bushnell. I have never tried the cheap ones other than the one that came on my 10-22. It does what it should but the glass is not good on it at all. I think it costs maybe $50 new. In optics, you get what you pay for. I have never tried nikon or such but Leupold get my choice if trying to save money. $200 will get you a scope you can probably trust. My dedicated predator rig is set up with a lupy 3-9x40 and has always impressed me for the money. God luck. I hope bushnell CS takes care of you OP.

I have owned 3 3200s and 1-2 4200s. Never found the 3200 glass to be that great. The 4200 glass is noticeably better IMO.

I never experienced any troubles with the Elites I owned, but never really used any of them a ton either......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunFirst off, Bushnell ain't Leupold. Nobody is going to fix that scope, or even attempt to fix it. Period.

The point I was making is, by sending it to the factory for repairs, factory techs who have the tools and training can disassemble, repair, reassemble, and finally nitrogen purge the re-sealed optic. A scope that is not fog proof is next to useless in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
i have a 6500 elite that i wouldnt part with. has great optics. i also have a pair of range finding bushnell binoculars that quit one time. sent them back and they were repaired free with no hassles and took several weeks.

Originally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: 2muchgunFirst off, Bushnell ain't Leupold. Nobody is going to fix that scope, or even attempt to fix it. Period.

The point I was making is, by sending it to the factory for repairs, factory techs who have the tools and training can disassemble, repair, reassemble, and finally nitrogen purge the re-sealed optic. A scope that is not fog proof is next to useless in my neck of the woods.

And the point that I was trying to make is that NOBODY is going to REPAIR it. EVER.

And that a fogproof scope with a BROKEN retcile is still useless whether it is fogproof or not.

If they were going to repair it, the seal would still have to be broken to do so. It is a non-issue.

I don't get what part of the above you are having trouble understanding, but apparently you just don't get it......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: 2muchgunFirst off, Bushnell ain't Leupold. Nobody is going to fix that scope, or even attempt to fix it. Period.

And the point that I was trying to make is that NOBODY is going to REPAIR it. EVER.

And that a fogproof scope with a BROKEN retcile is still useless whether it is fogproof or not.

If they were going to repair it, the seal would still have to be broken to do so. It is a non-issue.

I don't get what part of the above you are having trouble understanding, but apparently you just don't get it......

I understand what you are saying but either way you are left with a paperweight. The scope is useless either with a canted reticle or a broken nitrogen purge seal so fiddling with it won't give you a working optic. Better to just replace it and give the broken scope to a kid to play with.

Originally Posted By: mj36639either way you are left with a paperweight

Exactly, which is what I have saying all along.

Yet you insist on speaking of breaking the seal and sending it for repairs and other silly things that don't matter one bit and aren't going to happen.

The bottom line is that they will either replace it, or they won't....

I also recently sent in an older bushnell 4-12x40 AO(japan made) it is a spotless scope that has been well taken care of but is a little foggy around the outside. I got a return letter from them saying unrepairable and a replacement scope could be bought from them at a discount price. I looked the scope up on midway and it was $40 cheaper at midway than the discounted price they gave me. At the time I had 3 other bushnells and the pizzed me off bad enough to where I gave them to my nephew. I still have my elite 1500 rangefinder and when/if that breaks down I'm done with them.

I've seen a bunch of free low end Bushnell scopes that come on "package" rifles. They're garbage and I would never use one. I only own one Bushnell product, a 7 yr old rangefinder tht still works but is held together with duct tape. I won't buy another Bushnell, their stuff breaks.

The problem with Bushnell is that they are a brand/importer, and NOT a mfg.

Nothing is "irrepairable". It is just that such companies are incapable of fixing products at feasible prices. And the consumer is the one who suffers.

Same scope sent to Leupold, it's back in 2 weeks or less.

I quit buying Bushnell products years ago. I've never been impressed with their products or their customer service. I have already been informed it is going to take a month or more for me to get said scope back. And it is their slow time right now. No thanks. I may take a Bushnell in trade or something, but I'll never shell out actual dollars for one again. BT/DT.

If I were you, I would be on the phone giving someone a piece of my mind, but I really haven't enough to give away
grin.gif

So let me get this straight... somewhere between 1979 & 1984; Bushnell started offering a lifetime warrenty in efforts to stop people from trying to fix their scopes themselves???

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: mj36639 OP do you have your own nitrogen or argon purging equipment to purge the internals of oxygen?

He normally sends them to me for purging and refilling after the repairs.

I bet the guy with a 1.5# jar of TAC is laughing as hard as I am about ^ post!!!! Best one in a while doggin...

BTW, I threw a pair of Bushnell Bino's out the window of my truck one day because they were soo bad. I can give you directions & you may be able to salvage the nitrogen or argon from them if you ever do get your "hairs" straightened
lol.gif
lol.gif
scared.gif

Final bit of advice: Get rid of them trashy Bushnells & upgrade to Barska!

The ScopeChief I gave the TAC up for is NIB still
grin.gif

I swear it sems like a whole lot of rifles I've traded for or gotten good prices on came with Bushnells that I normally would not own. No sooner do I get rid of one, and another one finds me.

They all work just fine, right up until you mount them on a rifle and shoot it
lol.gif

The lifetime wty. started in 1984.

I will mount the ScopeChief on the 10/22 and hope I don't get burned----again. And will probably sell the Banner that came on it, and probably the replacement scope also, if they give me one.

Keep the nitrogen well stocked Doggin'......

I proly should not say this,but....

I read on the "net" you can use Rem NitroMag shotshells to refill the nitrogen in a scope ! I think that's how DC does it .
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThe ScopeChief I gave the TAC up for is NIB still
grin.gif

Oh, I thought it was a refurb from "Doggin Argon, Burgers & BarborShop LLC"... I stand corrected
grin.gif

I learned my leason years ago on using cheap bushnells (or any bottom of the line scopes for that matter). Some people don't mind, but it drives me INSANE to miss an opportunity because equipment failure. I'm rough on my equipment, maybe it's just me.

It may end up being a Doggin' refurb at some point, although I do like Tim's idea.

I agree with you about cheap scopes, but every once in a while I still try to get away with using one simply because it is there and I haven't gotten around to buying anything better. Mostly on cheaper rifles and 22s and such. All the bigger, good stuff, wear good optics......

Back