Cerakote or other Coatings for AR

That looks pretty awesome! you say the turn around time is good? How about the durability, is it pretty durable? It sure looks like what I want.

I did my Cerakote myself. You can see the video and write up here.

It is the air cure version. If you do it yourself get the oven cure if you can because it is tougher. I am happy with what I've got though.

I also had a piece for my shotgun done by STS Arms in Toledo, Oregon. They do good work.

Sendit

In Utah, check out Black Ice Coatings.
In Nevada, 702Hydrographics.
In Arizona, BeastMode Hydrographics.
In Montana, ShawnaughtyDesignz.
In ID - R-Hydrographics in Idaho Falls.

PM me if you want references for other companies in other states.

Last edited:
Have had Duracoat and Cerakote, my AR is getting Cerakote in the next few months. I beat the crap out of my Cerakoted bolt action varmint rifle, no bare metal yet and it usually just wipes clean with a wet cloth. Air cure Duracoat is great for a do-it-yourselfer, but I think the H series Cerakote is tougher. Of course that is apples to oranges.

Research the Black-T it is sweet. They do a lot of business for swat teams,FBI, tools. It is an option on Springfield armory custom shop

Last edited:
check out KG gunkote....i used the oven cure. ive done a couple ar's with it with great results.
the stuff is very durable.

here is a couple bad cell pics of my AR in 204 ruger.
photobucket-6697-1364263483518_zps3ea7fa9f.jpg

photobucket-4867-1364263514197_zpsf05065a8.jpg

Last edited:
Been sending all of my guns (ARs/Bolt/Semi-Pistols/Shotguns) to Black Ice Coatings for years. Can't recommend them highly enough. Both Teflon and Dip. Can't go wrong with Lee, give him a call...

Originally Posted By: stanlyBeen sending all of my guns (ARs/Bolt/Semi-Pistols/Shotguns) to Black Ice Coatings for years. Can't recommend them highly enough. Both Teflon and Dip. Can't go wrong with Lee, give him a call...

+1 this^^^ Lee is good people.

Back