Can you tell me what I'm looking for?

12Ring

Currently I just have a stock triggered in my AR. I have worked on it some and got it a lot better but is it is by no means good. I'm looking for a trigger that is a single stage trigger with minimal to no creep and to break clean. I want the pull to be ajustable to only a few pounds or set at a few pounds but I want it set very light. I don't want to say money is not an option but I'm willing to spend a little cash to get a nice trigger. Thanks for any suggestions. If you know where I can find them at a decent price that would be very helpful also thank you.

Last edited:
If you want a really light trigger in the AR and like single stage triggers, JARD is your baby. I have several 3# Timney skeletons. They are not adjustable nor as light pulling as my JARD.

I have a JP and really like it but a lot less expensive trigger would be a Bill Springfield job. I had one done for my other rifle. Crisp sharp, no over travel and 3 lbs for 54 bucks. I like it as much as my JP.

I just put a Timney in my AR. 3# pull, easy to drop in and made a real difference. Check out NOS (No Off Season) and see if they have any left in stock.

Originally Posted By: cmatera If you want a really light trigger in the AR and like single stage triggers, JARD is your baby. I have several 3# Timney skeletons. They are not adjustable nor as light pulling as my JARD.

+1 JARD's are hard to beat. You do have to tap your grip screw hole thru.

A Timney 3 LB is plenty light enough in an AR IMO.. But if you want something lighter in a single stage you need to look at the Jard triggers. Figure if 3 lb is light enough. If its not then look at the Jard triggers. Timney triggers are easy a heck to put in. The Jards on the other hand are much more difficult to get set up right. It can be done and I have two of them and they are sweet. One is set 1.5 lbs roughly and the other at 1.75 lbs roughly. But for single stages I really like the 3 lb Timneys personally.

Originally Posted By: willy1947Originally Posted By: cmatera If you want a really light trigger in the AR and like single stage triggers, JARD is your baby. I have several 3# Timney skeletons. They are not adjustable nor as light pulling as my JARD.

+1 JARD's are hard to beat. You do have to tap your grip screw hole thru.

How hard is it to tap the screw hole? I assume just as easy as tapping anything else? I don't believe I have shot a trigger with a 1-2 lbs pull before. I hope that wouldn't be to light. Maybe I should go with a 3pounder. I didn't realize there were so many to choose from.

+1 on Jard if you don't want to spend a lot of money. My Jard was gritty at first but that has gone away and I like it nearly as well as my Wilson 3G trigger that was around $250.

Back