ORDERED CZ 527 (17 REM) WHICH SCOPE DO I NEED

NCVARMINT

i NEED A NEW SCOPE FOR THIS GUN. I want a 1 inch scope and only want to spend 300.00 or less. I had these in mind

Weaver v16 in fine crosshair dot recticle ($280 to $295 shipped)http://www.weaveroptics.com/pg6_7/pg6_7.html

Or this Weaver KT15, because it is a fixed power and also about 50.00 to 80.00 cheaper ($220 to $230 shipped) http://www.weaveroptics.com/pg10/pg10.html

Or this Nikon 4.5-14x40 with side focus (or if it has not come out how bout a 4.5-14x40AO for ($280 to $300.00 shipped) http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/product.php?group=16&subgroup=10&product=6452

Let me know what you think as i am going to buy in the next few days, those are the one i like for the price range

thanks
The scope is going to go on a cz527 varmint in 17 rem caliber

Last edited:
I'd go with either the Weaver v16 or the Nikon.... the fixed power Weaver at 15x wouldn't even rate an afterthough in my book.

NC,
I looked at the same gun in a 204 today. But I want one in a 17. If you don't mind my asking "how much did you have to shell out for yours"? Also, what kind of barrel did you get?

Quote:
NC,
I looked at the same gun in a 204 today. But I want one in a 17. If you don't mind my asking "how much did you have to shell out for yours"? Also, what kind of barrel did you get?

I paid 505.00 with tax which was 32 more than the 204.
I got the 527 varmint with 24" barrel

Quote:
most definatly go with the variable scope, I'd check out the elite 3200's top notch for the money

Ihear alot of good things about the bushnell, but i just dont like how they look, weaver and nikon are prettier to me

thanks for the response

I recently put the Burris 3x9 special that has been running for about a year now. It is a Fullfield 2 with the ballistic plex and comes with a 20x spotting scope. All for $199. They have higher power scopes with larger spotting scopes for more $. It's very clear the ballistic plex is handy.
Bigscot

Quote:
I recently put the Burris 3x9 special that has been running for about a year now. It is a Fullfield 2 with the ballistic plex and comes with a 20x spotting scope. All for $199. They have higher power scopes with larger spotting scopes for more $. It's very clear the ballistic plex is handy.
Bigscot

Ithought about that in 4.5-14 in this site http://natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=BU200183PKG
but i think i want something a little cheaper

How far and what would you be hunting? The reason I ask is that in N.C. and the hunting I do with my .17hmr I don't think I am handicapped by the 3x9.
Bigscot

There's a big difference in potential killing range/distance between a 17 Remington and a 17 HMR.

A 4X12 variable or a 4.5X14 variable would give you good service with the lighter CZ rifle in 17 Remington. The upper power range would be useful with the cartridge, but the scope would not be too big for the size and weight of the rifle.
- BCB

I have a CZ varmit with a weaver v16 its a great match for the gun. I would highly discourage you from getting the fine cross hair reticle on the weaver. It was so fine that it would wash out against bushes and other background in broad daylight. It was so bad I sent it off to TK lee and had them change the reticle to duplex. Do not I repeat do not get the weaver in anything but the duplex unless you are ONLY range shooting. Otherwise its a great scope if you are patient you can find them for around 2 bills used on ebay. I got lucky and got mine for $175 but after the reticle change didn't come out that great. I also think you can get a better price for the weaver, another thing that is nice about it is you can reset the turrets on it, I zero my turrets for black hills 50grain vmax. When I wanna plinck with win white box I know where the difference in POI is so I just set the scope for that, then just zero the turrets and I am back to black hills again. I wish they had a mildot with these scopes

For 250 yards the 3-9 range will work fine if it's a calling gun. I have a Sako in .17 rem. and put a leupold VXII 3-9 ($299.00) on it, these newer scopes show more resolution than the older ones, I have no problem seeing .17 caliber holes at 100 yards. Myself I just don't see the need for a high power scope that weighs 2lbs. And yes I'm a Leupold snob and I have very good reasons!

You have just began a long journey down the slippery CZ slope. You know what they say when you seen one women naked.......you wanna see the rest of them too. I am on my second CZ now I think I may need a 204 too

Thanks guys
The gun needs a 4-16 or so power because i like to see close and it looks cool on the gun. I am steering towards the weaver v16 now
Will i like the crosshair dot reticle

Last thing= is it safe to buy a used scope on ebay

Back