Remington Model 7 predator 22-250 will not shoot. Please help!

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Remington said 55 to 60 inch lbs. Start from the back and work up.

That is indeed an interesting approach to torquing a barreled action into a rifle stock.

Catshooter has ruled it unlikely, but my brother-in-law has a Model Seven in .260 that would not shoot less than a four-inch group and asked me to look at it. It literally had an unsquare cut on the crown that was visible to the eye and a rough carpenter's square. A smith re-cut it for very little and the gun gun shoots MOA now. It is worth the look.

I fought a Model 7 for about 6 months in 300saum. It ended up being the bedding. I swapped out the stock for a HS and groups went from 3 inches to about 3/4".

Does it come with shooting instructions? It's not a Savage so it has to have special instructions with it. Without them, its next to useless.

Well, i can relate to your problem. I have a Remington Model 700 VTR.22-250 also. I bought it brand new. For the life of me i could not get it to group,and it wasnt me. I have a Winchester model 70 .270 that i can shoot 5 shots touching@ 100yds with factory remington ammo!! So i did the same thing,tried several different factory ammos etc. Still could not get it to group. Not saying this should be the answer but i bought a Bell&Carlson Medalist Stock and put a Jewell trigger in it and it shoots awesome now. 5 shots touching @ 100 yards. If i can find the targets before and after i will post them.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan
Does it come with shooting instructions?

It comes with a bucket of meadow muffins!!
mad.gif

Oh ya it was the same rifle I sent them because I still have the original receipt for the rifle and I think 700 is a fair price for a recently serviced rifle from Remington with less than 50 rounds through it. Maybe yall should read the rules about trashing someones post on the classifieds. Unless y'all think Remington's are not worth the price.

I know but dont even know if I want to get rid of it since it has had the work done on it that a $3000 rifle receives lol!
tt2.gif

I'm kinda confused on the dates. The invoice says Rem repair shop received a rifle 3-1-13.

You make it sound like you received return label on 3-8-13 and are still in possession of the rifle on 3-8-13 and maybe even 3-9-13.

Or maybe I'm reading things wrong. Which very well could be.
smile.gif

Back