Single Shot shows why he's the king of loping shots...

Predator Paul

Group,
Well, I really don't think I have had as many "dry" stands as Fred and I have had of late. EVER!
But I guess that's why they call it hunting.
Sunday, after many more dry stands in the dry country, Fred and I got permission to hunt some bottom farm land that holds plenty of game. Not to mention the 10-12 trophy bucks we saw in our tour.
The first stand produced a dog that came from afar, but was smart enough to take a wind check and changed course about 300 yards out to go around us. We never saw him again.
The stand pictured was our third and last. Fred didn't want to take any chances and finished this big male off at 130 yards still bouncing. Not bad considering it was a dead center front shot bouncing like a "super ball"!! Nice work Fred.
We'll be back..

By the way, this dog is only about a week or two from being "prime".

Paul
"watch your backside"

View

View

[This message has been edited by Predator Paul (edited 09-24-2001).]

Hey Predator Paul,
Sunday must have been a "dry" day all over! Me and TaxPHd went out early Sunday and hunted all over the South Park area...didn't ever HEAR one in what looked like some good terrain (to us rookies anyway) off Highway 9 out of Hertsel. Guess we'll stick to the Eastern Plains next time.
frown.gif

Dawgkilla

------------------
0 for 7, but who's counting!
:)

That is one nice looking coyote Fred. I really enjoy seeing the pictures people post on the board. Its nice to see what kind of country you guys are hunting in. Thanks for posting the pictures Paul.

------------------

Originally posted by Dogboy:
Nice yote guys, great picture. Is that a Ruger #1 Fred is holding?

I think Fred uses a Contender or Encore. Real fanatic about those guns. He has some of the strangest chamberings you ever heard of.

Good job Fred!

------------------
Regards,

Sharps Shooter.

'74 Sharps... when you care enough to use the very best.

Where do you guys hunt? The only thing that remotely resembles that sort of terrain around here is the golf course.

Hmmmm... speaking of which, I'll bet if I get out there reallllly early.......

Back