anyone use a backpack that holds a rifle

Ernest II

I saw some packs today tha would hold a rifle stuck down in the pack barrell first.I can not remember the name of the packs but it started with a B and they were anywhere from $120 to $180.For coyote hunting does anyone use one of these? Likes dislikes?Im thinking with this pack I would only have to carry my seat /stool and not be dealing with the gun sliding off my shoulder.
Thanks
Daryl P.

Daryl,
Skinney uses a pack like that all the time. Maybe he'll see this thread and answer some of your questions.
He's always glad to help!
thumbup1.gif

keep a eye on camofire.com they have the best deal that i have seen,the other day they had the 4500 pack for 249.00 which is a great deal,last week they had the day pack or whatever its called for 149.00,and they have lifetime warranty

Seems like alot for a pack just for calling coyotes but the way I look at it is carrying everything should be alot easier and I could keep my binoculars more ready since I would have more freedom without jugling gear.

Originally Posted By: Ernest IIThanks. Where ya at Skinney
Whats up brother... I think the packs we use are not the same you are talkin about... I run the G4 operator pack from eberlestock, and the X3 lowdrag, both in multicam... if not for these packs we wouldn't get 1/2 footage we get, we cover lots of ground, and the ability to have a system that will accommodate for the weapon, call, camera, ammo, decoy, gps, etc. etc. all while having it balanced in the middle of your back is a huge advantage for guys like us... if you have any questions I can try and fill ya in with some of my experience in the field with these packs, here are some pics in use.

gettingintotheset_zps8f30facd.jpg

pacpic3_zpsaf9e31cc.jpg

pacpic2_zps7faa0c73.jpg

packpic_zpsffa488f0.jpg

Thats it smith1559 Eberlestock thats what I was talking about. Well I got one today its the X1 pack. Sure looks handy. Do any of you have trouble shouldering a pack? Seems like everytime I shoulder a backpack the first arm goes in fine then as the second arm goes in it rolls the strap and gets it all twisted and I cant fihure which way to turn it to straighten it out. I look like a drunk trying to put his pants on.LOL ANy tricks to keep this from happening?

I haven't had any problems putting it on. All I can say that might help with that is adjusting the straps might help. I watched some vids from Eberlestock on how to get the pack adjusted right...Jason

I use the GunSlinger II as well, in Multicam. I got a little over enthusiastic and I now wish I had something a little smaller and lighter in weight... Eberlstock makes a fine product.

I have the X1, Best pack I have ever owned.
Contender rifle with a 16 inch barrel fits in all the way, no way for the tree huggers to see it.

Just wish I got it sooner and didn't waste my time and money on other packs.

I use a Badlands Superday and it does great for packing your long gun, calls, camera, extra layers, and whatever else. I've even strapped coyotes to my pack to get them back to the four wheeler from a stand. I like how it has built in pistol holsters on the waistband too. But with all of that being said, I think I'm switching to an Eberlestock X2. Those are some freaking sweet packs! The Badlands Superday is on Camofire occasionally for abut $120. It would be a great coyote pack. I've had mine for 6 years and it gets used more weekends than it doesn't and its still holding up. I've even packed elk quarters with it (not very well mind you, hence why I'm switching to the Eberlestock X2)

I had an Eberlestock and didn't like it. I thought is was way to heavy even before I started putting gear into it. I run a Badlands 2400 now and it's a lot better pack for me. I may try a different Eberlestock sometime. I had the Dragonfly Eberlestock BTW.

I use the Nimrod pack and love it, it carries everything I need on a stand and keeps my hands free for bike riding, skiing and hiking pole.

motorcyleandscabard005.jpg

Back