Your Dogs from the Past

Here's an old pic of Dad's Kennels. Circa 1966. That's Mike. One of the best we ever ran. Treed lot's of coons, won some night hunts and treeing contests.

MikeDogPen.jpg

When I was 10 dad and I dug up a den and got some coyote pups. Here is me with Kelli the coyote.

kellithecoyote005.jpg

Here is Kimber and Pieces, 2 days after I got Pieces home(pieces is the puppy). I lost Kimber in a atv wreck a year and a half ago. It was like loosing a child.
Kimberandcolt006.jpg

I buried Blitzen last week.
I never had a better friend.

p4300013.jpg

p4140015u.jpg

Blitzen and Sugar in better days:

I miss her too.....

truckdogs.jpg

Watch dog, baby sitter, raccoon and coyote fighter, he'd even watch your rod tip while you napped and bark when you got a bite.

Helluva bird dog too....

p9010006rg8.jpg

....you just had to keep a close eye on him while you were cleaning birds.

p9010008.jpg

I'm gonna miss the old boy. He turned 13 in January.

my old lab Gunner. this was his last phesant hunt. he fluched this bird out of a small cattail slough and i winged it. he was SO exausted trying to find it but would not give up. he finally pushed it out where i could ground shoot it. we sat down for a bit to let him rest. was real tough on me and i did a bit of tearing up on the way to the truck knowing that this was his last bird. he was put down a week later.
gunnerslastrooster.jpg

003_3.jpg

heres Tucker. got him as a stray. he was the worst dog i'd ever been around but with some time/work, he turned into a great dog. he was just getting good at decoying when he got Lymes and had to be put down.

100_0219.jpg

Originally Posted By: FasterThis is my current dog, but I figure I'd show him off just the same. These two pics are actually from today.
2011-12-04140624.jpg

2011-12-04140647.jpg

Good looking dog. Is he an American Bulldog? I have an American that looks similar.

Originally Posted By: borkonmy old lab Gunner. this was his last phesant hunt. he fluched this bird out of a small cattail slough and i winged it. he was SO exausted trying to find it but would not give up. he finally pushed it out where i could ground shoot it. we sat down for a bit to let him rest. was real tough on me and i did a bit of tearing up on the way to the truck knowing that this was his last bird. he was put down a week later.
gunnerslastrooster.jpg

Man, that story and pic just about made me tear up reading it. What a great looking dog. I have a dog right now that has worked his way into my brain, and I don't know how I am going to deal with it when he is on his last deer hunt.

Originally Posted By: borkonthanks guys. i'm a bit choked up right now
frown.gif

it;s hard for some to imagine how a good dog will do that to ya

Not for me... I like dogs better than people.

Back