EO TECH HOLO SIGHT

yippy

I have a holo sight on my .22lr handgun. I have been thinking about putting one on a rifle to help get a second shot off at a yote.
Anybody out there using one or a similar sight on a rifle.
How far of a shot have you had sucess with?
I have one on my buckmark .22 handgun and love it. Just have not tried on a rifle or shotgun.

Weird O Rama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do ya ever come here kinda of kickin something around in your head and BOOM! There it is!!!!!!!!! I have been thinking about these things all day, I will now go order one, y'all need to get some credit for their next sale, THANKS for info!

I used to have one on my AR and really liked it for close, fast and in your face critters. I was goofing off one day and tried it at 200 yards on paper, I surprised myself with a not too bad group. The reason I sold it was two fold, 1.shooting at dawn and dusk a good scope is hard to beat at gathering light. 2.My eyes try to break down the dot into several small dots when I try to aim small, which would be ok if they stayed in a circle but they looked kind of like a twinkling star if I looked very long. Since you already have one you should have no problems except at low light and that is a minor problem at best.

yippy,
I'll be watching this thread for more replies. I'd like to have one on my AR, but have a good scope on it now and am wondering if I'm missing anything by not having a Holo Sight.

I used to have a red dot scope on my Browning Buckmark and it was great.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I have a holo-sight that I experimented with for one season on my Knight MZL shotgun, for Turkey hunting. I've seen the exact same sight used on both rifles and handguns. I had no problems with it and it performed as advertised. It's a Bushnell Holo-Sight.

I only used it about a half dozen hunts that Spring, then removed the battery and stashed it away in it's original box. I haven't used the MZL since then, or the Holo. I'm keeping the shotgun, but I'll sell the sight to anyone who's interested. I think I paid about $250 for it, I'll take $150.

To the moderator, if this post is in the wrong place, or if it's not allowed on P.M. I'm sorry, feel free to remove it.

FWIW, EO-tech makes the bushell holosight, bushnell is geared for hunters and eo-tech is geared for military/law enforcement.

I've had both the Bushnell Holosight and the Eotech and there are some major differences.

The F series Eotech that is out now offers much better battery life than before. I'd opt for the 512 over the 511 because the AA batteries last twice as long as the N type. You may not be able to find any though as the military is buying them up at a pretty good clip. If you're planning on using it with night vision you'll need to get the 550 series.

A Huge difference between the two is the control membranes. The new membranes are WAY better then the old ones and will last much longer. That's what failed on my Holosight. You'll get the new membrane on the 510 and 550 series but not on the 502. Also the Eotech has automatic shutdowns of 4 or 8 hours and the reticle will flash when battery power is low. All great features.

I've got two that i swap out on the AR15 and the BAR10 also have scopes for both rifles i just put one back on the AR15 tonight I think its a great for 0-150yds very fast.

Gary

to maybe clear a few things up..
i have a bushnell holosight on one of my ar's and love it.
i carry at work in my truck for general popping of coyotes,and other legal critters..
you will be surprised at just how far you can hit something with a simple cicle with a dot in the center.

the reason you see a bunch of little dots or the star effect is you have a asigmatism (sp?)..so do i...with glasses or contacts it goes away...or just learn to use the dot in the center, as i did, my eyes arent bad enough for corrective lens's..

and bushnell make the eotechs as they are a knock off of the holosight, as for internals ?? i have a friend back in pa., who has used one for 5 years now on a s&w 44mag..and no problems what so ever...

it's fast and accurate, large field of view since both eyes are open, and very rugged...

hth

here's a pic of "stubby". he goes just about everywhere with me, since this pic he's gotten a buis.
xm1771103043.jpg

Last edited:
I have been wearing contacts for years. One day In the exam room, the doc asked If I would like to try 20.15 vision.
You should see what your missing. Takes a while for you to get used to them,but I couldnt operate without them. I switched eye docs and they put me back on 20.20 and It sucked. I went back and got the 20.15 script. Big difference in shooting too.
PS, What FH is that on that car? jerryboy

it's a bushmaster slip over.
the kit is a model 1 sales car16" lightweight.
i didn't like the long skinny barrel with the a2 fh, so off it came and the bushy went on, it makes it like i like it, just a bit muzzle heavy, and it really works too !
i had an 11.5/5.5.. and man was it loud !! the 16" barrel makes a big difference.

Splattermatic, I'm pretty sure EOTech makes Bushnells Holosight.

"In 1995, ERIM formed a subsidiary, EOTech, Inc., to re-assess the potential for the holographic sighting technology. EOTech miniaturized the sophisticated sighting system into a compact and rugged package for use on small arms. The first generation holographic sight was successfully launched into the commercial market in January 1996. In January 2000, the second generation Holosight was released into the consumer market."

Thanks for all the replies. I saw one that said 0-150. That is about as far as I can shoot around me.
One time I was with my friends shooting crows. We were sitting on a picnic table and one landed on a fence post at about 60yards. The two friends picked up the rifles and were getting them steady. The crow was already in the red circle before they got thier safties off. bang flop. They just looked at me and said they would not have believed that one.
I nobody has used on of these they are great. You use both eyes open. It took me a couple clips to get used to it but worth it if you hunt small game with a 5 1/4" barrel
Im pretty sure myself that EO makes the bushnell. Mine is the older N battery model.

Yes, EOTech does make the Bushnell holosight.
I have a 552 that uses two AA batteries. But, the N cell sights are smaller and might make a better set-up.
Don

To the guys who emailed me about the holo sight for sale. I sold it to the first person who contacted me. Thanks for your interest, and sorry if you missed out. I knew no other way to do it other than let it go to the first response.

Too bad I didn't have a half dozen to sell, they'd all be gone.

Back