Thoughts on Budget Electronic Callers

mj36639

What are your opinions on inexpensive E-callers like the Johnny Stewart Attractor for those new to predator hunting? After reading good reviews on Cabelas I used this one last fall along with a hand held e-caller. I was unable to call in anything so I am trying to determine if my equipment is contributing to poor results. I hunt in the thick Oregon coast range so terrain is very challenging to hunt.

Johnny Stewart Attractor

"I don't always shoot AR's but when I do I shoot BCM,Colt, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Spikes."

Given your tagline and attitude toward any AR other than those you mention, I can't imagine you asking this question about a cheap e-caller. Just saying.....
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleUp"I don't always shoot AR's but when I do I shoot BCM,Colt, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Spikes."

Given your tagline and attitude toward any AR other than those you mention, I can't imagine you asking this question about a cheap e-caller. Just saying.....
lol.gif

lol.gif
That's good stuff right there.
lol.gif

Edit to add: MJ, the ICOTEC300 may be your huckleberry. Around 75 bones, remote, and good sounds. Remote should work good at the short distances you'll be able to use it at in the thick stuff.

Oh yeah, welcome back. (I think)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUp"I don't always shoot AR's but when I do I shoot BCM,Colt, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Spikes."

lol.gif

Good point but I have been shooting AR's for a couple decades so I have migrated towards certain brands over that time. I have only hunted coyote a handful a times so before jumping in with both feet I bought an inexpensive caller to see if this was something that I would like to pursue further.

Last edited:
I agree you do get what ya pay for. I spent 200 dollars on my foxpro Wildfire 2, awesome call for the money. I will upgrade someday but for now it works great.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: DoubleUp"I don't always shoot AR's but when I do I shoot BCM,Colt, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Spikes."

lol.gif

lol.gif
That's good stuff right there.
lol.gif

Edit to add: MJ, the ICOTEC300 may be your huckleberry. Around 75 bones, remote, and good sounds. Remote should work good at the short distances you'll be able to use it at in the thick stuff.

Oh yeah, welcome back. (I think)

Wow,that does look like a very nice setup for the money. Thanks for the info

I use the FoxPro WildFire and Scorpion exclusively. However; last season I called in 13 coyotes over the course of a week using the J.Stewart attractor. So it definately works.

Actually, I watched one coyote for over a half mile coming into the pup distress and then an hour later I called in FIVE dogs at one time with the woodpecker!

I think the saying Cheap tatoo's are not good, and good tatoo's are not cheap applies here.

I started with hand calls and think that it's a good idea to start this way since you should know how, and you learn more. Not to mention that you can get started for less money..
THere is a lot of things you can get for coyote hunting before an E-call.
But taking the time to learn to hand call makes you appriciate what an E-call can do for you while you have time to save.

I tried that Primos Power Dogg piece of ..... first and got rid of it, and saved for a Prarie Blaster because I then took stock of the type of hunting i do, and what I wanted in a call and looked for the call that would do what i do.

Try picking what fits your style instead of what you can afford right now. My call was expensive, but over the last few years, it's been worth it, and that is all that matters.

Back