OLIGHT M20-Kill Light XLR250-Wicked Lights W400

billyzink

I know this has been debated many times, but I am looking for opinions on these three lights (these three only!) I have narrowed it down to. All my hunting will be done at or under 200 yards with both rifle and shotgun.THX PS. All hunting will be done in the color red if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
I have both the kill light and the wicked....in my opinion the wicked light wins hands down.... it's brighter....shines further and it's better warrenteed.....call allpredatorcalls and ask them to compare.....good luck and have fun

Originally Posted By: seajI have both the kill light and the wicked....in my opinion the wicked light wins hands down.... it's brighter....shines further and it's better warrenteed.....call allpredatorcalls and ask them to compare.....good luck and have fun

Please enlighten me to how it has a better warranty??

Jeremiah

I have a kill light and the o light M30. I know the m-30 is supposed to be more powerful than the m20 but mine is not red. If you put the red filter on you would be lucky to see 30 yards in front of you(not sure if the m20 comes in red but if you're planning on using a filter then I would not recommend the m20 or m30). I bought the kill light after purchasing the m30 and the kill light is great. Lights up the eyes easily at 250 yards.

To add to what I said ^^ Dont get me wrong on the olight m30. Its super bright and has a wider beam than the kill light and shines just as far. It just isn't the ideal hunting light. It would make an excellent tactical or police light though.

Olight M20 can be ordered with a red LED and it is great. I have it set up for my shooting light and can see clear as day at 100 yds...haven't had it out past that yet. I went with that one because it is about half the cost of the others.

I cant speak to the kill light or the wicked light, but the olight crimson is an outstanding light.... the quality is top-notch and it is easy to id critters out to 200-250 yds with optics. Im going to pick up another and put a frosted lense in it for scanning as its far too bright for scanning as-is.....just my $.02

I just got the wicked 400 and you can easily see and shoot at 200 yards. It takes a couple of charges to get the batteries to full charge and you can get a car plug so you can charge the batteries in the car while they're still in the light which is very convenient. The only down fall is that the universal mount doesn't fit that tight but will work fine if you line the jaws of the bracket with some strips of rubber. The instructions do say not to over tighten the screws that hold the fixed mount to the scope and they are right as I stripped them out. I just retapped then to the a heavier thread size and now they work fine. other than that it's a great light in my opinion.

I just purchased the Wicked 400 Light in Green.

I have the XLR250 Kill Lights in both Red and Green. I will let you know which i feel is a better light for hunting at night, i have used the XLR250s many times (They worked very well) and i am going to compare the two.

Please stay tuned!

Originally Posted By: ShoebuckGot my Kill Lights from Boondock and have not looked back, great lights and a really great dealer.

We did the same. EWT Kill lights from Boondock in the red color and they have been outstanding for us. Can't imagine better.

However, I always wondered, what exactly is the difference between these and the Wicked lights? Is this the same or partner company? I can't even notice a difference between the items... just seems odd for two products to so closely resemble eachother.

Originally Posted By: DownWindOutdoorsOriginally Posted By: ShoebuckGot my Kill Lights from Boondock and have not looked back, great lights and a really great dealer.

We did the same. EWT Kill lights from Boondock in the red color and they have been outstanding for us. Can't imagine better.

However, I always wondered, what exactly is the difference between these and the Wicked lights? Is this the same or partner company? I can't even notice a difference between the items... just seems odd for two products to so closely resemble eachother.

Look closer,they are nothing alike. The bodies are different,the W400 also has a built in charger option and a bit longer reflector.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: Dead Down WindWicked 400 wins!
Just by about a tad though!

Agreed Bobbalou!

You and I matched up our lights Saturday night and it was a close call, we gave the winning vote to the Wicked 400!

And by no means am i taking anything away from the XLR250 light! It is a good light as well!

I should know, i had Red & Green as well as the XL100 in Red....

I sold them a few months back and decided to try the Wicked 400, i am happy with the result:)

Back