TNVC Unveils the new Affordable TNV/PVS-14 line

Victor_TNVC

TNVPVS14_ITT_11.jpg

At TNVC, low-light/no-light tools and operations are our only business. TNVC is excited to announce the release of the often-requested and long-awaited TNV/PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular! After a lot of market study and years of providing unparalleled customers service and support, we have assembled a PVS-14 program designed to meet the needs of the industry. Our options literally provide something for everyone. The TNV/PVS-14 is available in three tube configurations, three body colors, and three packages. They are assembled by our professional staff in-house, using only brand/factory-new parts. Each TNV/PVS-14 is built using a tube, personally selected by us, that meets or exceeds the minimum OMNI VIII spec. All systems come with a factory data sheet for the installed-tube and a full 5-year TNVC Warranty for the tube and system from the date of purchase.

TNVPVS14_ITT_12.jpg

The TNV/PVS-14 is available in three different Gen3 tube configurations.

ITT Gen3 PINNACLE©
ITT is one of two manufacturers of image intensifier tubes in the United States and the primary supplier of PVS-14’s to the U.S. Military. Their latest/greatest tube model is PINNACLE©. PINNACLE© Gen3 tubes produced unsurpassed brightness due to their ultra thin-film that lets in more light than legacy Gen3 tubes. Current, standard-issue PVS-14’s contain ITT Gen3 PINNACLE© tubes. The ITT tubes used in our TNV/PVS-14’s are hand-selected by us to meet the latest minimum OMNI VIII specs. They are Grade “A” tubes, selected for their bare-minimum cosmetic blemishes. These are not the Grade “B” tubes with large/ multiple cosmetic defects that are used by other companies. These tubes are rated for use on 5.56 (.223) caliber gas-operated weapons.

L3 OMNI VIII Gen3 MIL-SPEC
L3 is one of two manufacturers of image intensifier tubes in the United States and supplies most of the night vision devices currently used by U.S. Special Operations Command. L3 recently began selling these MIL-SPEC current-contract OMNI VIII Gen3 tubes to dealers. So now, civilians can own night vision devices built with L3 MIL-SPEC tubes. These current-production tubes are the cleanest ones ever offered by L3 and are the same tubes being put into goggles used by U.S. Special Operations Forces, across the globe. These tubes are rated for use on the following weapon calibers: 5.56mm (.223), 7.62 X 39mm, 6.8 SPC and 300 Blackout.

New Gen3
These new tubes are an incredible game-changer in the night vision world. Recently, L3 has agreed to allow tubes (built using brand new factory L3 components, no re-pots) to be assembled in an approved facility. These new tubes perform at specs meeting or exceeding OMNI VIII and have incredibly impressive performance that is equal to factory L3 tubes. To top that off, there is less overhead cost in these tubes, so we are able to offer a PVS-14 that performs at OMNI VIII spec and has the quality of a factory-built system at a fraction of the price. Customers can now get the same legendary quality they have come to expect from TNVC at prices that rival the bargain basement home-brews. These tubes are rated for use on the following weapon calibers: 5.56mm (.223), 7.62 X 39mm, 6.8 SPC and 300 Blackout.

Note: All TNV/PVS-14 units are assembled by our professionally-trained and experienced staff at our facility. We use brand-new factory parts and tubes. While components are MIL-SPEC, a completed TNV/PVS-14 is not. It is important to make the distinction. Only factory-built complete systems are “MIL-SPEC.” Some companies build night vision devices and call them MIL-SPEC, but this is done out of ignorance of nomenclature or false advertising. While non-factory systems can provide MIL-SPEC performance and may be built using MIL-SPEC components, they are in fact, non-MIL-SPEC.

We guarantee that all tubes have been personally chosen and inspected by TNVC staff before installation. TNV/PVS-14’s, regardless of tube model, will be Zone One image clean, with excellent Zone Two and Three image quality.

Minimum Image Intensifier Specs:
64 lp/mm or better
24:1 SNR or better
1.0 Halo or less

TNVPVS14_ITT_14.jpg

The TNV/PVS-14 is available in three different colors/finishes.

Basic Black
This is the body housing color. What more can we really say here?
TNVPVS14_ITT_5.jpg

Flat Dark Earth (FDE)
Flat Dark Earth is the base color used in the most successful camouflage patterns and is the easiest to blend with most environments. When allowed, most Warfighters opt to paint their black gear with this color. Our FDE coating is an eight-step process. Several coats of base and color are applied to provide a rich, matte surface. The final coats of matte clear are the same used in the automotive and marine industries. They provide a durable protective finish that will hold up to almost anything you can throw at it.
TNVPVS14_ITT_3.jpg

Crye MulticamTM
MulticamTM is a patented camouflage pattern developed by Crye Precision and is currently in use by U.S. SOF personnel across the globe and U.S. Warfighters in Afghanistan. After its introduction, MulticamTM was immediately recognized as one of the most innovative and effective camouflage patterns in the world and blends in with the majority of environments across the globe. It was adopted early on by U.S. Military and Law Enforcement Special Operations units and is the most popular pattern on the battlefield. Like our FDE coating, our MulticamTM TNV/PVS-14’s, are professionally coated by a company that specializes in durable finishes. This officially licensed pattern is applied as a hydro-dip/water-transfer printing process. This is the same process used to produce durable pattern finishes on items such as Ops Core FAST Helmets. Needless to say, it is incredibly durable. Several coats of base and color are applied before the hydro-dip film. The unit is finished off with the same automotive/marine matte clear coat as the FDE units. While hydro-dipping will create some minor imperfections, they do not affect the performance or durability of the finish.
TNVPVS14_ITT_1.jpg

Like everything in life, we know that one size does not fit all. So, we have designed several different packages for the TNV/PVS-14. There are a plethora of accessories available for this versatile goggle and we did not want to lock our customers in to a higher price tag, paying for something they did not necessarily want or need. TNV/PVS-14 packages (guided by customer input) are assembled with accessories we felt were important for users with different needs.

Basic Kit
This is the entry level kit designed for the user who only wants a goggle or who already has mounting accessories.
TNVPVS14_ITT_8.jpg

•TNV/PVS-14
•PVS-14 Adapter (J-Arm), Color-Matched to Goggle
•Rubber Eye Cup
•Daylight Filter
•Sacrificial Window
•Demist Shield
•Objective Lens Cap
•Ocular Lens Cap
•Neck Cord
•Soft Carry Case
•Two (2x) AA Batteries
•Lens Cleaning Tissue
•Military Maintenance Standards
•Warranty Registration Card

Weapon Kit
The Weapon Kit comes with everything in the Basic Kit, plus the wildly popular TNVC TM-14 Weapon Mount Assembly. Designed by experienced TNVC staff, the TM-14 attaches around the PVS-14 Objective Lens Locking Ring and, interfaces with the Aimpoint Twist Mount© Base. This highly-versatile system allows the user to keep both the TM-14 weapon mount adapter and J-Arm helmet mount adapter installed at the same time. Thus, the user can switch from a head mount to weapon (and back) mount in seconds. The added value is that the included Aimpoint Twist Mount© Base can be used to attach other mission-critical equipment (like the Aimpoint 3X Magnifier) to the weapon. The TNVC TM-14 is the most versatile mounting solution for the PVS-14.
TNVPVS14_ITT_9.jpg

Full Kit
The Full Kit includes everything from the basic and Weapon Kits, plus a standard issue USGI ACH/MICH Helmet Mount Assembly. This mounting assembly includes the ACH/MICH Shroud, Removable Ratchet Strap, and Flip-Up Rhino Mount.
TNVPVS14_ITT_10.jpg

Warranty
TNVC offers a full five-year system and tube warranty against manufacturer’s defects and failure of the unit under normal/reasonable use. The TNV/PVS-14 is built to the highest industry standards. Step-by-step assembly directions, as dictated by both the tube manufacturers and the U.S. Military, are rigorously adhered to, thereby providing customers with a professional grade system that will give years of reliable use. Intensifier tube selection is carefully accomplished and every intensifier tube is selected to meet a minimum of the OMNI VIII contract specifications. This ensures that systems, meet the stringent requirements that are outlined in the current U.S. military contract.

Because TNV/PVS-14’s are built to such a high standard, they require very little maintenance. At TNVC, we use the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine corps standards for both Maintenance and Repair of our PVS-14 monocular systems. These Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services are outlined in: ARMY TM 11-5855-306-10, MARINE CORPS 10271A-10/ 1A. These U.S. Military maintenance standards state that upkeep maintenance is not required unless something is visibly broken or the unit is malfunctioning. A copy of these standards is included with each system. In fact, yearly “preventative maintenance” is not recommended since it causes un-needed parts wear and increases the chances of internal damage to a properly-functioning unit. Basically, you would not take your brand new car back to the dealership to have them disassemble it every year for “preventative maintenance” if there is nothing wrong with it. Any expert in any industry will tell you programs like that are a sales gimmick, especially when proof of this is provided in the official maintenance manual. But, if you really want to send it in for inspection, our technicians will perform an annual inspection, so you can sleep better at night.

TNVPVS14_ITT_15.jpg

Let's talk pricing. No need for any coupons here! You can get a brand new, professionally built TNV/PVS-14 with OMNI VIII contract spec equivalent or higher, from a company with years of unsurpassed customer service.

Check it out:

TNV/PVS-14 ITT Gen3 PINNACLE Starting at $2,918.00

TNV/PVS-14 L3 Gen3 OMNI VIII Contract Tube Starting at $3,158.00

http://tnvc.com/

I really like that camo'ed unit, sure wish mine looked like that!

Great deal on these units and some of those primo Wilcox mounts too.

Right now, due to the very big demand of these units, we have a 2-3 week back log. It's getting better pretty quick as our tube suppliers are catching up a bit more efficiently. :)

Thanks to all who have ordered thus far, we greatly appreciate your business.

Vic

In laymans terms what would someone expect to see between the Gen3 commecial spec $2515 and the 3595 Itt pinnacle night enforcer...

For example

are the housings the same?
More black specs?

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliIn laymans terms what would someone expect to see between the Gen3 commecial spec $2515 and the 3595 Itt pinnacle night enforcer...

For example

More black specs?

Thanks,

I am very interested in the answer also.......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliIn laymans terms what would someone expect to see between the Gen3 commecial spec $2515 and the 3595 Itt pinnacle night enforcer...

For example

More black specs?

Thanks,

The ITT tubes and the Mil-Spec L3 tubes do have better contrast and clarity vs. the commercial spec tubes. Housing are the same except in the ITT Night Enforcer factory housing have the ITT factory nomenclature. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Vic

Thanks for the info...any chance we can get a picture from anyone of the tubes between commercial spec $2515 and the 3595 Itt pinnacle night enforcer...

Getting the itch to pull the trigger on a second pvs 14. I am getting tired/lazy of taking it off the gun.

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliThanks for the info...any chance we can get a picture from anyone of the tubes between commercial spec $2515 and the 3595 Itt pinnacle night enforcer...

Getting the itch to pull the trigger on a second pvs 14. I am getting tired/lazy of taking it off the gun.

Thanks,

I wish we could take pics through tubes that show the subtle difference on how good the NE units and the Omni 8 Mil-Specs are. The camera will never allow this and sometimes shows tubes with lower contrast better than their higher contrast counterparts. :-(

"subtle difference on how good the NE units and the Omni 8 Mil-Specs"

Dead on a camera never shows just how well NV really looks to the naked eye. Having bought alot of NV people shouldn't expect to see huge difference in the "A grade" ITT,L3 and AEO tubes. The difference is more subtle as posted above alot of times you would need to be looking at both tubes same time,same condition to start to notice any difference. Just buy the best you can afford and don't over think it to much. I really think the L3 mil-spec units are a steal right now great system at a great price.

Vic, can you verify that the L3 Contract tube will run on a .243 AR10? I am where Mr. B. is on wanting to buy a second NV and depending on the cost of the WASP I may consider another PVS or a D-740 instead. hopefully we will have WASP info soon. thanks

I ordered an ITT Pinnacle one to attach to my camera to use for filming our NV hunting outings and to use as a spare for visitors that go out with us now that I've got a spare Team Wendy XFIL helmet with Wilcox mount for it....thanks again to the good folks @ TNVC!

SkyPup - Have you ever compared a pinnacle to a L3 unit? Could you describe the view or why you chose the pinnacle over a l3?

I think you already had a ITT pinnacle correct?

Mr. B. - I already have two ITT Pinnacles and they are both very very nice and put in long hours of use with zero maintenance. Both are used primarily as helmet mounts however both see action behind Eotech NV and ACOG NV optics on 5.56mm.

I have never used an L3 tube and would not be paying a premium price for one either when the ITT tubes are so good.

I just purchased one of the TNVC basic kits for one of my hunting buddies, it arrived on the brown truck this evening.

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-14-itt-gen3-pinnacle/

It is the standard TNVC Basic Kit.

I have three other ITT Night Enforcers and they all work very good, but this one is the first one with absolutely zero blemishes in all zones and 100% clear optic view out to the perimeter, which is even better than my one hand select unit is.

Here are the ITT Excelis data specs on the unit:

Luminuous 2355
Radiant 254
Halo 0.90
EBI Photo Max 1.45
2X10-6fc 57047
Resolution 64
FOM 1881.6
S/N 29.4

It is currently raining and extremely overcast out tonight and I can easily see my game cam tree 350 yards out without any IR Illumination.

This instrument is a very clean and does not produce any audible noise when on. i am sure he is going to be pleased with this optic as to me it is quite a bit better than the loaner Night Enforcer of mine that he has been using the last six months while he saved up for this one.

If the other one I ordered works as well as this one does, I will be one happy camper!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI just purchased one of the TNVC basic kits for one of my hunting buddies, it arrived on the brown truck this evening.

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-14-itt-gen3-pinnacle/

It is the standard TNVC Basic Kit.

I have three other ITT Night Enforcers and they all work very good, but this one is the first one with absolutely zero blemishes in all zones and 100% clear optic view out to the perimeter, which is even better than my one hand select unit is.

Here are the ITT Excelis data specs on the unit:

Luminuous 2355
Radiant 254
Halo 0.90
EBI Photo Max 1.45
2X10-6fc 57047
Resolution 64
FOM 1881.6
S/N 29.4

It is currently raining and extremely overcast out tonight and I can easily see my game cam tree 350 yards out without any IR Illumination.

This instrument is a very clean and does not produce any audible noise when on. i am sure he is going to be pleased with this optic as to me it is quite a bit better than the loaner Night Enforcer of mine that he has been using the last six months while he saved up for this one.

If the other one I ordered works as well as this one does, I will be one happy camper!
grin.gif

Thank you as always for the order Skypup!

Vic

Vic, this unit is really a fine instrument, I have been testing it out and even with the gain turned all the way up there is hardly any visible scintillations and the view is clear as a bell.

This PVS-14 is for my hunting partner who is coming over to pick it up later this week, he is going to be impressed over the loaner unit of mine that he has been using this past 8 months or so while he saved up to get his own.

I told him I would trade him my used one that he has put allot of hardcore hours on for this new one but he was not interested, and I still consider him my friend too!
w00t.gif

I also ordered a new TNVC ITT-Pinnacle MonoCam PVS-14 for my own personal use, as well as the MoroVision MonoCam Digital Photo and Video NV system, so now I will be able to take some great photos of our hunts, as well as NV videos too.

The FLIR Thermals already are cameras and just have to hook a DVR up to them to record the videos and take stills out of the videos.

I will be totally equipped for NV Photography and Videos as well as Thermal now....

http://tnvc.com/shop/monocam-digital-camera-adapter-kit/

NEPVS-14Main.jpg

Vic,

I have been looking at the PVS-14 and the different configurations of them on your website. I notice that the Pinnacle is rated for 5.56 caliber. Some of the others are rated for 5.56, 7.62 and 6.8 if I recall correctly.

Those calibers are generally ARs. I am curious if bolt rifles larger than 5.56 can be used.

What possible calibers might be used?

I'm under the impression that larger calibers could be used in a gas operated semi automatic vs bolt.

243? 25-06? .308? Is the recoil of those calibers too great in bolt rifles?

Just trying to get a handle on what you can and cannot do.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Vic,

I have been looking at the PVS-14 and the different configurations of them on your website. I notice that the Pinnacle is rated for 5.56 caliber. Some of the others are rated for 5.56, 7.62 and 6.8 if I recall correctly.

Those calibers are generally ARs. I am curious if bolt rifles larger than 5.56 can be used.

What possible calibers might be used?

I'm under the impression that larger calibers could be used in a gas operated semi automatic vs bolt.

243? 25-06? .308? Is the recoil of those calibers too great in bolt rifles?

Just trying to get a handle on what you can and cannot do.

Hi, when we're speaking of PVS-14's, the ITT units are rated and warrantied for 5.56 and below. The L3 units are rated for 6.8SPC and below which includes 7.62 x 39, 300BO, 5.56 etc.

PVS-14 body housings are also not rated at all for .308 guns either on a gas or bolt gun. ITT the actual patent holder also states this. PVS-14's housings were not tested nor ever made to go on anything high caliber and on 5.56 for emergency use only for the Mil. We can tell you we've had 2 cracked housings over the years from folks attempting to mount a PVS-14 on a high caliber gun, it's just not worth the risk to the unit or the user. We've heard some black magic on some recoil control PVS-14's this and that, but why risk it when you're looking at a 1.1x optic to begin with?

Clip-on Devices are the exception to the ITT rule in the case of the PVS-22, PVS-27, which are rated up to and including .50bmg's. Our new WASP will handle up to and including a .308 with a ITT tube.

Felt recoil is felt recoil for NVD's mounted on a gun. With that said, the most effective way is to use a PVS-14 is on ones head and use an IR laser on your gun. Then shoot from the high-ready and let your IR laser do all the talking.

that's why Kyle put me in a standard D-760 so I could use it on my R-25 .243 and I am waiting for you to ship it Vic!
smile.gif
4 weeks and waiting patiently...
smile.gif

Back