.22 WinMag vs. .17 WSM

Let's see ....
The only one that's out in the real world is the 22 mag. As for 17 WSM , well it don't truley exist yet,so there isn't any feild data for it to compare. I'm talking hunter feild data on real animals ,not just a few from the writers.

Winner... 22mag.

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzkewell it's doen't truley exist yet,so there isn't any feild data

Hey, are you hittin' the sauce? Go to bed.......
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: Tim Neitzkewell it don't truley exist yet,so there isn't any feild data

Hey, are you hittin' the sauce? Go to bed.......
lol.gif

lol.gif
No,but maybe I should be. Went to bed and woke up awhile later staring at the ceiling.
frown.gif

Shouldn't you be sleep'n yourself.
grin.gif

Damnn, Ken . I had to read that another couple times before I got it fixed. To many cold meds I guess, been sick for a week now. grrrr.....

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunJust read that again. Still laffin'
laugh.gif

I laff'd too, onced I seen it.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Still can't sleep. Guess I'll head to breakfast before the GS starts. Gonna be a looooong day.

Hope you got alittle shuteye,Ken.

Penetration is why I shoot the 22 magnum. CCI 40gr. Game Point gives me the the penetration I need for coyotes and hogs. The 17 HMR or 17 WSM won't even come close!

No, but Ive shot the 20gr. HMR and down load Fireballs into wet paper at 50 and 100yds. Not the best way to test or find out, but it seems to give some idea. 17s just don't have enough a$$ behind them to do much penetration.

Back