5 Days in AZ

I just got back from my Arizona hunt and I had a blast. That state rocks when it comes to predator hunting (and Javelina).

I called in 3 foxes, about 9 coyotes and I finally went into Javelina mode and got one on Monday.

The first fox I called in w/an RR2 hand call (Rick Robbins) and I put the EOTech on it and dropped it.
2013-02-21_14-31-31_177_zpsdb88b09f.jpg

The second fox I called in w/my FOXPRO using the Gray Fox in Distress and I put the EOTech on it and dropped it (I have the crud and can’t hand call that much w/out coughing).
2013-02-21_17-04-33_453_zpsaaab7903.jpg

The third fox I called in was w/the FOXPRO using a bunch of different distress sounds and after about 25 minutes my buddy flipped one over w/his new 30-06 (no pic).

I finally had a TV like coyote stand w/over 8 coyotes charging the call. NO KIDDING, at least eight. I almost blew the stand because I couldn’t figure out which one to concentrate on and I kept moving the gun around on different coyotes. Finally, one female stopped at about 100 and just stared at me. I put my 223 WSSM on her and put her to sleep. I used the FOXPRO playing the TT Breeding Coyotes sound. Holy crap did that work! Those coyotes wanted to see who was doing what to who in their territory. I’ve NEVER had that many coyotes come racing to a call before. That’s the most vivid memory of my AZ hunt. It was a sight I wish I had on video.

The second coyote came into the same TT Breeding Coyotes sound from my FOXPRO. The shot was at 240 yards. It was a medium male that sat down and just stared at my buddy and me. My buddy picked him up through the binoculars but couldn’t find him in the scope. I immediately turned and had him in my scope but I didn’t want to be called a “game hog” and I waited. My buddy then stated, “If you have the shot, take it”. So, BOOM! The 223 WSSM flipped him over. For some reason, those coyotes were RIPE so I decide to take a group pic of them without me in it!
2013-02-25_17-40-27_98_zpse7e99bbd.jpg

And then the capstone: I got my Javelina at 155 yards shooting yet again my 223 WSSM. It ended an awesome 5 days in AZ! We were blown out for a day but other than that the weather was perfect.
2013-02-25_17-27-47_60_zps2b43194e.jpg

The count is as follows: 3 Foxes called in (Two I killed; 1 my buddy dropped—all three dead); 9ish coyotes (8ish in one stand) 2 dead; and one Javelina (my buddy also got a Javelina).

Enjoy the pics,

Rob

HOMAnimated_zpsa2612f08.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Glad the TT Breeding Coyotes sound worked out good for ya. It's one of those sounds that you pull out of your bag of tricks, when nothing else is working. That high pitched squeal towards the end seems to be irresistible.

Congrats and thanks for the shout out.

Tony

Was this on public land?? Did you see and bobcats?? Sounds like it was DIY. Congrats. Looks like fun. Would love to call grey fox.

Back