Awesome 2013 in NM!!!

desertmuleyman

I've been browsing around here for a while, and figured since I learned how to post pics , I would post the '13 season. All dogs were killed since Jan.13. Been a good year here in eastern NM!!! Some folks call it "Predator Heaven". Picture angle is not the best on most photos They were mostly self shot with my phone, on self timer, wedged into my roll-up seat.
IMAG0773_zpsf74853a0.jpg

IMAG0783_zps756bd550.jpg

IMAG0780_zpsb09490a5.jpg

IMAG0779_zpsf34bba4a.jpg

IMAG0786_zpsf5390d2c.jpg

IMAG0785_zps26e508a4.jpg

Big 'ol male.
IMAG0833_zps6bcff934.jpg

And his buddy.
IMAG0832_zpsd28eb608.jpg

I'll post the rest after work.

Looks good! Portales is way out of my calling area, but I sure do get whiplash checking out the good looking calling spots, when driving through.
lol.gif

Congrats.

Tony

Welcome to the site dmm, looks like you knocked the snot out of a few of them. Can something be deader than dead?
smile.gif

Living in an area with trees, and grass, and such, those desert areas always amaze me how they can hold so much game. Looks like your using your muledeer rifle too. Hard to tell from the pics on my little laptop.

What are you shooting, rifle bullets, ranges? Details man details.
laugh.gif

Yeah, Tony, it's pretty cool here. I usually run out of places to hide the truck before I run out of places to call. Coyotejunki, my .25-06 needs work, so at the moment I'm shooting a Browning A-bolt in .30-06. Factory 180g Rem. ammo. I don't like them to go too far after the shot.
smile.gif
Most shots are inside 150 yds.

Nice Pictures desertmuleyman!!! Looks like familiar country your hunting in there. Hunted all around Portales, Clovis, Elida area for several years while attending Eastern New Mexico University. Great calling in that area...make sure you don't ignore the peanut fields, they love to dig them up for a quick meal.

Back