programming the primos alpha dogg remote ?? anyone ?

DDAY

anyone know how to program the remote on the alpha dogg? trying to figure out how to save sounds to the favorite folder,getting tired of scrolling for 15 minutes looking for a sound....LOL, the manual doesnt explain this at all. really not wanting to deal with customer service right now.........thanks

It is a pain scrolling through all of the sounds. It has a USB port under the battery cover, but when I hooked it up to my computer it didn't do anything. It might be my computer but I don't know. I hope you get some responses.

ok got it figured out , thanks to a quick reply from primos, select the favorite folder from the menu, then press the HOT1 button, the sound menu appears , scroll thru until you find the sound you want press SELECT , the sound is now in the favorite folder, repeat process for the next sound !

Wait till you have to sync the unit and the remote, there are no instructions on that either. After several e-mails they finally sent me some instructions which I printed off for future reference. The first customer service person must have thought I was an idiot or should be able to read her mind, the second person, Zach I think was the one to finally explain step by step and sent something I could print off. Love my unit but customer service hasn't been very personable, would rather be able to call and talk to real person and they need more directions with their units.

A friend of mine just bought the Alpha Dog. We hunted with it and I was impressed with the the caller. Primos has some good sounds and the caller is easy to operate and carry.

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCA friend of mine just bought the Alpha Dog. We hunted with it and I was impressed with the the caller. Primos has some good sounds and the caller is easy to operate and carry.

WHOA...I had to do a double take, noooo, a triple take, to make sure I was seeing the correct author of this post.

Have you gone off your meds YY?

I was having a couple of problems and they said if I would sync the unit it should correct; I don't know how to get what they sent me to this page so here goes;
How to sync unit to remote, turn speaker unit off then turn on remote press menu to start sync, the remote will request that you power up the unit twice (on off on) it will begin to sync, display on remote will display an " initialization" screen, the process will go through 3 phases and take 4-8 minutes. Once completed the remote display will return to the main menu screen.
They said this should be done in the field away from all possible interference.
I was trying to select sounds to go into my hunts and I would select a sound and it would show up that way until I saved then it would show up as a different sound. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
If you go to primos site and hunt around you can find a trouble shooting section that's lists different problems people have had, it's kind of a trouble shooting page but there was no trouble shooting printed info with the original instructions that came with my unit. Hope this helps.

WHOA...I had to do a double take, noooo, a triple take, to make sure I was seeing the correct author of this post.

Have you gone off your meds YY? [/quote]

Yes, off my meds-----but it is a fairly nice e caller. I'm still a foxpro junkie. Happy hunting DC---hope all is good.

I have the alpha dog to what's the USB port on the remote for ? How can one get a better instruction manual for the caller I feel the one that came with the caller is not the greatest to help set the caller up ? I will say [beeep] used the expert hunts two nights a go and had a male come to and he got to about 50 or 60 yards and DRT !! The first for a night time hunt and that was AWSOME

Has anybody had trouble getting the hot buttons to work after programming the remote? When I got my replacement remote I had no problems getting it to program to the receiver...so I thought, I was calling the other day and tried to use the hot buttons, all I got was a quick pause and it went back to playing the original sound. It displays the kiyi and the rodent distress along with the volume change during the pause but nothing happens. I'd like to avoid calling primos since it usually consumes my lunch hour sitting on hold waiting for them to answer , anybody got any ideas?

Back