.204 40gr Noslers

Passmore

Ok fellas,

I'm sure its in the search engine somewhere but I didn't find the answer I was looking for and am less than patient....

Anybody shooting the 40gr pills from Nosler in .204 with 1/10 twist?

I shoot the Bergers and V-maxs in the 40's and like them a lot but nobody near here has em in stock. Picked up the Noslers to try. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Passmore

Originally Posted By: PassmoreOk fellas,

I'm sure its in the search engine somewhere but I didn't find the answer I was looking for and am less than patient....

Anybody shooting the 40gr pills from Nosler in .204 with 1/10 twist?

I shoot the Bergers and V-maxs in the 40's and like them a lot but nobody near here has em in stock. Picked up the Noslers to try. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Passmore I just bought 40 gr Bergers from Midsouth and some more from Graffs.

RELOADER 10 AND BENCHMARK GAVE ME THE BEST ACCURACY. ITS BEEN A FEW YEARS. CHECK THE MANUALS BUT IF I REMEMBER IT WAS AROUND 25 GRAINS.

I HAVE READ THAT THEY ARE A GOOD COYOTE BULLET AND THINK I WILL TRY WORKING UP A LOAD FOR A FRIENDS SPORTER 204 AND SEE WHAT THEY WILL DO.

Not a 10 twist but they shoot pretty good out of my CZ Varmint and American over H4895 and a Rem 7.5 primer. Sierra 39 BK is my go to bullet for dotting the I,s, but the Noslers definetly hit a little harder on bigger animals.

thanks fellas. yeah i love the way the bergers and vmaxs shoot but wanted to try the noslers since that was all anyone had in stock lately.

I use 40gr v-max with 28.8gr of cfe 223 and i am getting great results. also load 40gr noslers with same load.Before using cfe i was using imr 8208 xbr with 26.7gr.Both powders shot great for me.

I shoot them out of a 1:12 twist and they are the most accurate out of my gun. I shoot a stout load of Varget, Over published max loads therefore I won't say how much so nobody else ties it. No pressure signs though. I've tried all the 39-40gr 5mm bullets and like the damage these do to critters of all sizes the best.

Back