Arizona Coyote Hunting Tip??

Outlaw87

Hello
This is my first post here and I have to say great site.
I live in Chino valley adn have been out calling with a tally-ho alot but havnt seen anything yet. What are some good tips to help me out? I have only went out in the morning and only stay in a stand for about 20 mins then I move to another one. thanks for your help.

The number one tip I think is to pick a setup location that you can have as much visibility as possible. Scan,scan,and keep scanning! and remember to watch downwind at least a little. Good luck! Ryan

Hello I'm new to chino valley as well and was hoping to find a partner and maybe a couple pointers on a general area to try. Any thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Matt

Originally Posted By: Displayed Name The number one tip I think is to pick a setup location that you can have as much visibility as possible. Scan,scan,and keep scanning! and remember to watch downwind at least a little. Good luck! Ryan

Wait? What? No!

Set up an ambush. The way that I do it is play the part of the prey, give the coyote the upperhand at first and then flip the tables at the last possible second!

I set my stands up in the bottoms of washes or the lower part of a hill, looking upwards, call above me. The coyote rolls in with no worries and then BAM!!! V-Max sandwich from below.

Maybe in Canada, you can get away with playing sniper. But the best places to call predators in ARIZONA have minimal visibility.

It make perfect sense, I will try that. I'm on a scouting mission to try and find some or at least a spot, just not knowing the area I'm off to a little slower start than hoped.

Originally Posted By: Kill$hotIt make perfect sense, I will try that. I'm on a scouting mission to try and find some or at least a spot, just not knowing the area I'm off to a little slower start than hoped.

Get out in the middle of the night and use locator calls to find where they are at. Return to the hot spots a few days later and Pup Distress should bring them charging in. Stay away from the wide open areas up there, the grass kills the sound for some reason. I would go into the wooded areas around Mingus Mountain.

P.S. I called in a bear up there last year. So watch your back.

Good Luck.

Welcome to PM. Use the search engine at the top of the page. Type in what you want to learn about and enjoy the reading. There is a lot of knowledge stored there from the guys here! Good luck. Mick

Originally Posted By: BearHe didn't say to hunt them at night he said to use locator sounds and then come back in daylight. thats what I figured just wanted ask to clarify. I like your signature

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanOriginally Posted By: Kill$hotIt make perfect sense, I will try that. I'm on a scouting mission to try and find some or at least a spot, just not knowing the area I'm off to a little slower start than hoped.

Get out in the middle of the night and use locator calls to find where they are at. Return to the hot spots a few days later and Pup Distress should bring them charging in. Stay away from the wide open areas up there, the grass kills the sound for some reason. I would go into the wooded areas around Mingus Mountain.

P.S. I called in a bear up there last year. So watch your back.

Good Luck. Thank you for heads up!

Back