Bipod for my savage axis 22-250

Curdogs3006

I'm looking for an affordable bipod for my savage 22-250 coyote gun. I was wondering what brand everyone likes the most. . Should I get the 23" or the 27"???

caldwell does make the same thing. dont know on the quality/durability side of it. half the price though...

cabelas has the caldwell for $44.88 right now

Last edited:
I went with shooting sticks. My nephew (former army sniper) made me a set out of PVC pipes, It's really a tripod but very steady. cost him about $4.00 to build

Seems like Harris is the way to go. Now swivel or not ?? And 23"or 27".

I'm a short dude 5 -08 would it work better the 23" ?? For prone shooting???

Originally Posted By: Curdogs3006Seems like Harris is the way to go. Now swivel or not ?? And 23"or 27".

I'm a short dude 5 -08 would it work better the 23" ?? For prone shooting???

oh wow. wait a sec... for prone shooting you should look into the shorter 9" non swivel.(or swivel model, i like the non for prone)
the 27" is more for sitting on your butt and taking shots..

For the short ones I use the brand walmart sells

Last edited:
For hunting I sit on a bucket or short chair. I have a Walmart Blackhawk I think it called. I use it for bench shooting. The legs on this one spring return, I like the spring retrac for hunting coyotes.
RSG

Let the area that you hunt decide. If there is lots of weeds/foilage, then you may want to consider shooting sticks. You can always lift your rifle from the sticks, not so much with the Bipods. I use both depending upon where I hunt. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: loadedjoeHarris S-25C if youre using it for sitting and hunting. ive had one for 15years, still going strong.

Thats about how long I've had mine and it's still going strong also.

Back