Has there been a big run on hunting caliber loading supplies??

JLJ223

I mean I know that 223/308 brass is tough to come by same goes for like 9MM 45ACP 38 components, but I have been thinking about a 243 and brass seems to be scarce and I notice ads in the classifieds with guys looking for brass/dies. Forgive me if its a silly question..but I just assumed it was all the military type components.

The shops are here are starting to get stuff, I even found some 50 grain NBTs. The guy at scheels said they are selling about 1000 pounds of powder a week

The Scheels here is hit or miss on reloading supplies, you just have to keep checking and try to get what you can with there limits.

I know things are a mess out there..but until the last week or so I did not think it effected the more common hunting rounds. Oh well if I do buy a 243 it will be more of a project and not really a rifle that has to be ready to roll in a few weeks or whatever.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Reno is bare of EVERYTHING when it comes to reloading. They had a few Sierra bullets but that is all. No 22 RF at all.

The few places I visited in Utah while visiting the gf had a decent selection. I got a pound each of RL17 and varget, and a bag of brass for my .300saum (which I looked for the last time I was there to no avail). Good amounts of boxes of bullets on the shelves.

Back