New Words For The Media

azmastablasta

It literally burns my azz to hear the media discuss limiting the number of rounds that a "clip" can hold. Clips are designed to hold sheets of paper together. What exactly constitutes a "sniper " rifle, or an "assault" rifle? I promise that if I come after someone, rapidly firing my 10/22 with an extended mag, they will be certain they are being assaulted. Ca Dems have recently latched on to the new nomenclature of "battlefield rifles" and "assault bullets". As for the comments of slojoe, am I the only one wondering why the po po didn't just fire their shotguns up in the air to scare Dorner into submitting?

February 22, 2013
New Words for the Media
Gary Owen

Christopher Dorner is the ex-LAPD officer who went on a revenge rampage, killing several people before shooting himself in a cabin in Big Bear, California. Nationwide news.

NBC News"...detailed the extent of the arsenal that Dorner had with him in his final days...Among the items recovered from the cabin where Dorner died and other locations and vehicles were numerous assault weapons; semi-automatic hand guns; a .308 caliber, bolt action sniper-rifle; high capacity ammunition magazines..." Sniper rifle?

The media are learning firearms nomenclature. As new words are incorporated into their vocabularies, each category of firearms receives a promotion in implied lethality. Semi-automatic rifles, in use for 100 years, have become assault weapons. The term semi-automatic has gained ominous overtones by the association with "assault rifles." Pistols are semi-automatic too and are on the threshold of being included in the two minute hate with "assault weapons."

For those that tend to ignore the gun-controllers rant that deer hunters do not need military assault weapons with high capacity magazines, but can get by with just regular ol' deer guns, we find that a bolt action .308, a regular ol' deer gun suddenly now is a sniper rifle.

Reporting caliber and firearm descriptions give an aura of expertise to the media, but there is no indication of comprehension of ballistics or firearms. Sooner or later we will learn that hunters don't need sniper rifles any more than they need machine guns.

The gun-controllers have telegraphed their next punch. If or when they have succeeded in demonizing, banning and confiscating "assault rifles" and semi-automatic pistols, they will move on to "sniper rifles," another weapon of war.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/new_words_for_the_media.html#ixzz2LlfJ3Fv4

No doubt this crud is incremental. They certainly envision a society where a lucky citizen might be allowed to keep an air rifle or single shot with a valid (and heavily taxed) hunting permit. They just need to get the ball rolling and they imagine in the fullness of time society will gradually conform to the vision.

Woohoo, evidenced above is the fact that the "Church" can in fact have the effect of converting individuals from a shady point of view to the correct point of view. Notice ole HB used the term "they" in referencing the liberals. Good job HB and good job Church posters. Now we have to decide if there's any hope for tutu and polesmoker.

Let's face it guys, muskets were military rifles. It's not unreasonable to assume they could blame every gun ever manufactured of being capable of being used in battle, he11 they're about to be!

Before Europeans came Indians had been waring with each other with assault bow and special made arrows tipped with a sharper than steel tip.They had affixed assault stones to handles to give them more killing power.They had sniper spears with larger heads and were longer so as to kill from distance greater than assault clubs would allow.I really don't think much has or will change as long as humans are humans.

O is trying to regulate us to 'coup' sticks while giving our enemies our latest Military secrets. Time for that guy to find a Country for political asylum.

So "bolt action" now means "sniper rifle"? I was a denier. I did not think it could happen. But if this catches on, I now believe a revolution is just around the corner. It's time to get organized.

Quote: I was a denier. I did not think it could happen....Anyone that trusts the government to be open, honest, and dealing above the table, is what we refer to as "Sheeple"....The fact that this is promoted by the general media makes it harder to come to the realization that the old adage of "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts, Absolutely." Since we, as humans, have the propensity to expect our elected officials to be honestly concerned about doing good and being beneficial to our welfare...

In reality, whether politician or bureaucrat, their only concern is being reelected and maintaining their position in the pecking order, unless they see the opportunity to rise higher...

With most of them, their current positions are the best they can do and would total failures it they had to function in the private sector...

It is every type of firearm known they are after. Semis, revolvers, heck even single shots, shotguns, rifles (bolt)..ohhh "sniper rifles" oooh thats a bad one gotta ban those.

Gun Free Zones are just areas set up to provide the excuse to move their agendas forward. The people-children in them they could care one wit about, as they become props when these libs have a scene they can exploit.

I am already getting weary of lib nonsense surrounding guns/rights etc and know this fight is going to be a long one.

T2G

Last edited:
I was the poster child for deniers. I really believed the progressive agenda was about a more humane and diverse society. Clearly, the agenda is a bit more nefarious and involves some fundamental changes to our society. I agree that the gun rights debate is quickly becoming tiresome...I have zero interest in compromise.

I have said and still say do not give one inch.We can never satisfy the libs until all that think like we do are gone from the face of the earth. If every gun owner gave up their guns today,they would start on pocket knives tomorrow.Protesting is the only life they have.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Remind you State Reps when you write... Why is a background check necessary to own a firearm, but is not required to be President!

EGGACTLY!!!!

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71No doubt this crud is incremental. They certainly envision a society where a lucky citizen might be allowed to keep an air rifle or single shot with a valid (and heavily taxed) hunting permit. They just need to get the ball rolling and they imagine in the fullness of time society will gradually conform to the vision.

You can scratch that hunting permit notion HB, they're anti-hunting too. And, anti-fishing. Won't be happy until the conservatives are banished to another planet or a mass grave, so they can live in their own little vegan perfect liberal world.

Back