which mounts do you like

Ernest II

Ive got a rem 700cdl in 30-06 coming. Ive always liked Leupold mounts but wanted to see if anyone likes the millet rings and weaver bases.(cheaper) Or should I stay with leupold?
Thanks
Daryl P.

Leupold rings suck, if you don't have the alignment tool from wheeler engineering you don't accually know if its lined up right and then puts your scope in a bind. I have switched everything over to a talley or weaver style.

I like Leupold mounts, you never have to touch them once they are on the gun, all my 700's have Leupold mounts. I do have the Wheeler alignment tool and the Level, Level, Level for mounting my scopes. You get what you pay for.

I've never had any touble setting up Leupold rings. I don't need any special tools to do it either. No ring marks on any scoped I've removed .

I still have a couple guns that wear Leupolds, but anything new gets Talleys or NF.

What's the next question, matte , gloss or silver ?
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: SDCoyoteCallerPersonally, I like Burris Signature Zee rings, which are weaver style. They also make standard dovetail rings in the Signature line also.

Except for three that won't take them, ALL of my scoped rifles now have Burris Signature ZEE rings, and either Leupold or Warne, cross slot (weaver style) steel bases.

For a hunting rifle, I like Talley LWs a lot.

For tactical/target guns, I go with a one piece rail and some type of heavier rings like Mark 4s, Badgers, etc.......

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI too like Weaver style bases with Burris Signature Zee rings.

I like Zee rings also but use the Burris steel bases.

Back