Why Are We Just Now Hearing About This?

azmastablasta

Police Found Thousands of Dollars of Graphically Violent Video Games at Newtown Shooter's Home

By Noel Sheppard | February 18, 2013 | 09:41

America's media are always quick to discount the impact violence in movies, television, and video games has on society.

It therefore will be interesting to see what the response will be to a Hartford Courant report Sunday that police found thousands of dollars of graphically violent video games in the home of Newtown shooter Adam Lanza:

In some quarters, Nancy Lanza, 52 at the time of her death, is viewed as a villain, a gun-obsessed mother who allowed her disturbed son access to firearms and let him fester in the basement playing violent video games while she traveled and enjoyed night life.

During a search of the Lanza home after the deadly school shootings, police found thousands of dollars worth of graphically violent video games.

And detectives working the scene of the massacre are exploring whether Adam Lanza might have been emulating the shooting range or a video-game scenario as he moved from room to room at Sandy Hook, spewing bullets, law enforcement sources have told The Courant.

There's more:

In 2006, Adam entered Newtown High School, a 376,000-square-foot building that sits like a fortress off Berkshire Road. More than 1,700 students enjoy such amenities as newly renovated athletic fields, a cutting-edge library and the state's largest school auditorium.

When Adam Lanza entered the school, he began to spend time with Richard Novia, a former corporate security director and licensed private investigator who served as security chief for Newtown schools.

Novia said he was also surprised that Nancy exposed her son to firearms.

"It's a serious mistake, first of all," he said. "If you have a child in the home with mental disorders, or learning disabilities, to have involved him with guns in the first place would be bad."

Novia owns several firearms and has taught shooting classes, and he carries a concealed pistol at certain times. He said that even shooting with Adam in the controlled environment of a shooting range was a mistake for his mother, given Adam's psychological conditions.

"For healthy people, this is a perfectly fun activity," Novia said of activities at the range.

He said the guns and the violent video games Adam played may well have been an unhealthful combination for a troubled boy.

With all the attention the media have given to guns in the months following this tragic incident, there's been precious little to the violent video games our youth are exposed to.

Maybe this report from the Courant will change that, although I'm doubtful.

At press time, of major news outlets, I could only find the New York Daily News covering this story. Britain's Daily Mail has as well.

It will be interesting to see how much attention this gets in the coming days, or if the gun-hating media will keep it buried.

Stay tuned.

Post facto question: Why has it taken over two months for this information to come out?

If they had found a book by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Ann Coulter, or Glenn Beck, I bet we would have heard about it weeks ago with it making headline news across the fruited plain.

But the presence of thousands of dollars of graphically violent video games?

The New York Post filed a report on December 19 titled "Killer’s Basement His Eerie Lair of Violent Video Games." But the source was an unnamed "person familiar with the layout" of Lanza's home.

It took two months for some news outlet to confirm this with the police?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppa...w#ixzz2LNt5m3nj

I seen this in the AM News, and something else was mentioned about him wanting to `outdo` some other whackjob.

In most of these cases I thought they repeated the amount and caliber of brass on the scene.I have not heard that in this case.I still am not sure I have ever heard an AR was used and there was proof of such.It would not make much difference except the gun control crowd is using this so the truth does matter.

I would say there not going to find any AR brass, they are just speculating and like so many things they cover it up and want you to think it is an AR. You can not trust this goverment and know it is getting to be law inforcement and that is sad. I always got along good with the LEO.

I love how some say that movies and video games have no effect on the human brain, but a 30 second commercial that costs 3.8 million dollars during the superbowl is supposed to make us go out and buy something.

Now Pol,that is the smartest thing that I have seen you post so far.Reports are that that kid had thousands of dollars of violent video games.No influence?Ya,right.

Quote:I still have seen no reference to the amount of brass recovered, and from what weapon it came from? ....Unless it helps promote the agenda of the current administration, and even that of past ones, you won's see media bringing forth that info...

It's kind of like the Medical Examiner, a day after the incident, claiming that the floor was littered with AR15 casings and all the victims were shot with a rifle...There has never been a correction or retraction of that statement...It just wouldn't fit with Obama's, Biden's, and Feinstein's position...

We are all considered unintelligent, unquestioning, and uncaring Sheep...

Today on Public TV there was a program on FRONTLINE,"Raising Adam Lanza".It was an hour long and in two parts.The first was about Adams life and mental problems growing up.The second part was about the gun controversy.Watch it if you get the chance.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I still have seen no reference to the ammount of brass recovered, and from what weapon it came from? It sure posts questions.

Last I saw on that subject they said the investigation wouldn't be complete until sometime in June possibly, which explains the haste in trying to pass all of these gun control laws, BEFORE it is made public knowledge.

Originally Posted By: cmil84Holy sh@t batman pole said something i agree with

More than likely we agree of 90% of issues. But I see no point in stroking roosters with you guys when the time can be spent on trying to get you to open your eyes and realize that the idea of liberty is the only way to save the party, and the country. Try to get you to understand that Americans in general see the liberals driving home the message of "Liberty for all, no matter the cost" And sees the Republican party as the Liberty for all whom share the same beliefs I do. Don't take that as me intentionally talking crap, not what I'm trying to do. Absolutely nothing takes away from your beliefs when you decide that if it doesn't truly effect you, then it doesn't matter. lol and I go straight to the gay thing. It's just such an easy example. You guys always say you don't want to see it. What you fail to realize is there is absolutely nothing stopping it from happening in front of you to begin with. There is no gay censorship on television. There are no laws about public gay affection. You're scared of a boogie man you have in your heads.

These people just want the same benefits we all are entitled to as straight married couples. That's it. To take the stance that it's up to the church and your god, and not the federal government is the only stance the republican party can take, and need to take, in order to become relevant again.

Anyways, things I'm sure we agree on

Illegals...
Emotionally, GTFO Then use the drones on our southern border. Take a couple out, they'll stop coming.
Logically, They're not going anywhere. Lets bite the bullet, get these people into the [beeep] system, and get them paying into the system in which they are milking in a horrible way.

Mooslims. Horrible dirty people. I say let's let them kill each other off.

Bacon... It makes everything better.

Drill baby drill! I don't want another dime going overseas to those Flag burning cave dwellers.

Unions... Just fking die already, you got greedy and have become a burden. Go away, we can't afford you.

Obama sucks.

Any 18-21 yr old man willing to pick up a gun and die for his country, should be allowed to go sit at a bar and enjoy himself a beer.

Obama sucks.

And I'm sure the list could go on and on, but I'm bored now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: PoleskiOriginally Posted By: cmil84Holy sh@t batman pole said something i agree with

More than likely we agree of 90% of issues. But I see no point in stroking roosters with you guys when the time can be spent on trying to get you to open your eyes and realize that the idea of liberty is the only way to save the party, and the country. Try to get you to understand that Americans in general see the liberals driving home the message of "Liberty for all, no matter the cost" And sees the Republican party as the Liberty for all whom share the same beliefs I do. Don't take that as me intentionally talking crap, not what I'm trying to do. Absolutely nothing takes away from your beliefs when you decide that if it doesn't truly effect you, then it doesn't matter. lol and I go straight to the gay thing. It's just such an easy example. You guys always say you don't want to see it. What you fail to realize is there is absolutely nothing stopping it from happening in front of you to begin with. There is no gay censorship on television. There are no laws about public gay affection. You're scared of a boogie man you have in your heads.

These people just want the same benefits we all are entitled to as straight married couples. That's it. To take the stance that it's up to the church and your god, and not the federal government is the only stance the republican party can take, and need to take, in order to become relevant again.

Anyways, things I'm sure we agree on

Illegals...
Emotionally, GTFO Then use the drones on our southern border. Take a couple out, they'll stop coming.
Logically, They're not going anywhere. Lets bite the bullet, get these people into the [beeep] system, and get them paying into the system in which they are milking in a horrible way.

Mooslims. Horrible dirty people. I say let's let them kill each other off.

Bacon... It makes everything better.

Drill baby drill! I don't want another dime going overseas to those Flag burning cave dwellers.

Unions... Just fking die already, you got greedy and have become a burden. Go away, we can't afford you.

Obama sucks.

Any 18-21 yr old man willing to pick up a gun and die for his country, should be allowed to go sit at a bar and enjoy himself a beer.

Obama sucks.

And I'm sure the list could go on and on, but I'm bored now.

What have you done with the Polesmoker I know? Just kidding, we agree on a lot based on what I have just read.

Back