22-250 short barrel? with some eye candy

Originally Posted By: Sickles107im thinking reward outweights risk for me. major downfall being the loss in fps witch will not bother me much. will just have to shoot it more and redo my mental bullet drop chart.

I'm not trying to be a cock, but just how far is your longest shot in NY? 100... 200 max? there is no need to even have a mental bullet drop chart unless your extending past your MPBR, which even with an 18" barrel will get you out to 300yds easily.

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrThat is an awesome video skinny. What are the specs on the rifle?
Rifle tutorial and detailed build video is in the works, should have it done by the end of this week, edited and rendered to the tube... our facebook page will have it up first.

I run 14"-18" tubes almost all of the time, and at distance to boot (Field and Bench).
Make sure the new crown is good and have a great time.
Do what you want.

Originally Posted By: skinnyI'm not trying to be a cock, but just how far is your longest shot in NY? 100... 200 max? there is no need to even have a mental bullet drop chart unless your extending past your MPBR, which even with an 18" barrel will get you out to 300yds easily.

as i said most of my shots are around or within 200 but i could take shots out to 400 plus in some spots that are open feilds

Originally Posted By: Sickles107

as i said most of my shots are around or within 200 but i could take shots out to 400 plus in some spots that are open feilds

400 yards?...in NY?...Are you sure?....lol.

Some of these guys really think we are shooting in vacant lots in the city,dont they.

Originally Posted By: ultramag

Some of these guys really think we are shooting in vacant lots in the city, don't they.

Yeah. In Central Park - they got wild animals and everything - no license need and no closed season.

When you get hungry, you can get a good hot dog, a knish, and a soda.

Originally Posted By: ultramagOriginally Posted By: Sickles107

Some of these guys really think we are shooting in vacant lots in the city,dont they.

don't misunderstand, I'm just asking... what's your furthest shot going to be in western NY... ie. whats your landscape, scenery, and areas consist of, thicker cover, a farmstead every quarter, lots of trees... regardless, if "most" shots are around 200, it's simple hold on target, 400 yes your going to have to have hold over or dial.

yeah around where i live its mostly small town farms, alot of field surrounded by hedge rows or small woods and a few spots are surrounded by thick brush and or swamp. realistically i will call not much farther than 200 yards from where i think the dogs will come from, but a wild card behind me or to the side could be a couple hundred out depending on the field. i work for a cash crop farm/custom harvesting business so alot of my spots are on the edge of Fields. at night a 200 yard shot is a stretch though.

a question to skinny and to anyone still following the thread, what are your opinions on what i would expect for bullet drop on a 26in rig to a 20in rig ?

Originally Posted By: Sickles107

a question to skinny and to anyone still following the thread, what are your opinions on what i would expect for bullet drop on a 26in rig to a 20in rig ?
First thing is get your velocity, of course you are going to lose some with a shorter barrel, but trust me, it's not going to make that much difference for your needs... cut her down to 20" if you want to have a MPBR @ 300yds, sight her in a couple inches high @ 100yds, you'll be good to go.

Back