Closest Prairie Dogs to Western Wa

LEN

I know eastern Montana but that's an xtra day drive each way taking time from shooting. Not ground squirrels or sage rats real Prairie Dogs. This will be my first Prairie dog hunt and one thing off my bucket list. Boy did I pick the wrong year for this because of ammo cost but got enough just need an area. Any help would be great.

Thanks

LEN

Originally Posted By: bomberhatthere's some decent ground hog hunting in eastern WA not prairie doggin but better than nothin

The closest ground hog shooting to Washington State, is probably Ohio... and that's a fur piece to drive
wink.gif

But rock chucks are in the Washington State area, and they are great shooting - maybe even better than Prairie Dogs.

the praire dogs in big sandy have been hit hard by poison on private ground still some praire dogs on state land

That is the problem. I have a week with my son who still works, I'm retired and have the time. So we are limited to 9 days total. 4 days driving just doesn't cut it. 5 days to scout and shoot leaves 3 days of shooting and at least 1 of those down do to weather not good. There must be some good shooting nearer to Western Washington.
Keep it coming.

LEN

There are a lot here in Utah. the north eastern part of the state. not a lot of pressure do to the laws that Utah has on shooting them here. Wyoming has quite a few if you know where to go.

Back