counterfeitin'

BDC2

These pics probably belong in the bird dog forum...but

What are you guys thoughts on a magnum decoy. I don't know a thing about decoying. If you have a big dog that engages and then disengages is there a range when a coyote knows he is overmatched. Or does he tuck tail and run from the get go. As an example, dog engages at 100, cuts it to 50 and recalls. I realize there is a lot more to it then that. But would the coyote run , follow, or not respond at all.

I appreciate Any thoughts.

DSCN3029_02.jpg

DSCN3017_01.jpg

DSCN3025_01.jpg

Originally Posted By: BDC2These pics probably belong in the bird dog forum...but

Hehe.

My only input here is if you have the dog hunt it. He isnt going to decoy anything on the couch.

Jesse, Thanks.

It would be new to both of us. As you already know. About anything worth doing is more satisfying with a dog.

In case your wondering, he'll eat the whole bag.
smile.gif

Jesse you have to come clean with the potato chip deal. My dogs will eat all the chips then tear the bag open lick all the grease out then eat the bag.

You'll probably be hard pressed to get singles to decoy with a what appears to be a very large Chesapeake.

A pair defending their territory and pups will come charging.

What's up with the coyote? Was it shot and the dog is finishing it off? Most wounded coyotes are trying to clamp onto the dog in these situations.

Originally Posted By: mikegranger What's up with the coyote? Was it shot and the dog is finishing it off? Most wounded coyotes are trying to clamp onto the dog in these situations.

The coyote had a little bit of his front legs left but pretty much was paralized from he neck down. Shotgun behind the ear.

Started as a retrieve and ended as a retrieve. There was a little bit of fluffing going on but he pretty much was trying to figure out the best way to pick him up.

Thank you for the response.

DSCN3023_01.jpg

Back