Historical Picture of Jaguar with Dogs

yruiz

I was on vacation in Costa Rica this last week and was looking at some pictures on the wall of a restaurant were we ate. There was a picture on the wall taken in 1920 of 2 hunters with their dogs and a jaguar. I thought it was a nice historical picture and took a picture of it to share on the forum.

Jaguar_zps98a97581.jpg

Early in my career I was a biologist at Fort Huachuca, AZ. I got the job as the individual I replaced had retired and was a well know jaguar hunter in his day. For the life of me I can't remember the guys name but my coworkers told me he had written a book of his jaguar hunting days in Mexico. Evidently he had some hair raising experiences.

Mike, that was Dale Lee. I was stationed there the same time you were. Clark, Randy, Dennis and the useless Stone, who is still there. Game management section has been on a steady downhill for the past ten years. You still haven't figured out who I am have you? Even after I gave your thesis on grayfox a great review while reading it at the Trap & Skeet Center.

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerJohn,

I must humbly say I do not unless you were the manager of the Trap and Skeet Club.

Yeah, that's me. You wouldn't recognize the place anymore - no guns for sale - no powder - no bullets - no nothing except a place for us old timers to meet and tell lies. Can't even buy a beer up there anymore. I'm suprised that they even sell hunting license anymore.

Back