JL Barbee Knives

Irrigator,
In regards to Barbee Knives, I am a personal friend of Mr. Jim and Mrs. Pat. Mr. Jim was and still is my mentor to knife making, He no longer makes knives, he is 85 now, but he can still ride and rope a steer! He has allowed me the honor of continuing to produce his many different styles of fixed blade hunting knives, and has allowed me to use some of his equipment from time to time. I have 5 of his knives, his daughter has probably over 100 that she has found at various times online. I visit him once or twice a year and we sit and talk knife talk.
Are you looking for or wanting to sell one of his knives?

Regards,
Regan

Originally Posted By: ReganIrrigator,
In regards to Barbee Knives, I am a personal friend of Mr. Jim and Mrs. Pat. Mr. Jim was and still is my mentor to knife making, He no longer makes knives, he is 85 now, but he can still ride and rope a steer! He has allowed me the honor of continuing to produce his many different styles of fixed blade hunting knives, and has allowed me to use some of his equipment from time to time. I have 5 of his knives, his daughter has probably over 100 that she has found at various times online. I visit him once or twice a year and we sit and talk knife talk.
Are you looking for or wanting to sell one of his knives?

Regards,
Regan

I have a few of his knives and possibly looking for couple more. They have been hard to find and I really don't want to use a couple I have. Friend of mine lives south of ft Stockton and is constantly on the lookout for me. I would also be interested in seeing your version of his blades. The ones I do use are amazing, and yet to find a blade to come close to his. Feel free to pm me and I will get in touch via email/phone.

Well I was going to ask if anyone knew of where I might get another Barbee knife but it looks like they are hard to come by. I guess I was lucky enough to grow up in Ft Stockton and have a father with a knife collecting hobby.
But I do have a question about how he marked some of his knives. I notice on some of his knives that he put the -B on the blade but on mine they are marked in differant ways. Could this be a way to tell how old it is?
Scott Deerfield

Back