Best Software ??

larr

Ok guys, whats the best ballistic software between these three
RSI
Quickload
Load from a disc

I searched the forums but didn't get any specific info. I have a dedicated laptop just for reloading and shooting and need pros and cons to each program. RSI has a package deals on chrono, software and pressure trace system but I'm not sure if i need all of that.
I surely would appreciate any input on these programs.

Originally Posted By: larrOk guys, whats the best ballistic software between these three
RSI
Quickload
Load from a disc

I searched the forums but didn't get any specific info. I have a dedicated laptop just for reloading and shooting and need pros and cons to each program. RSI has a package deals on chrono, software and pressure trace system but I'm not sure if i need all of that.
I surely would appreciate any input on these programs.

I use RSI and LFaD (and Sierra Infinity).

I think of adding Quick load, cuz I have issues with LFaD - it is "OK", but I would probably get Quick Load from the start if I was only going to have one...

RSI is incredible and I would not be without it.

Originally Posted By: larrThanks Catshooter, what do you think of the package that RSI offers?

The only exterior software that I have found accurate is RSI and Sierra Infinity (when used with Sierra bullets).

RSI uses modern algorithms developed at Picatinny Arsenal (that you and paid $millions to develope).

Sierra's Infinity program is quirky, but incredibly accurate with Sierra bullets, because Sierra tests each bullet and tweaks the BCs to fit the software.

All the others, no matter how pretty the screen display, use Ingles formulas that are over 100 years old, and badly out of step with modern bullet design.
They derive the BC by measuring the velocity loss over a distance, and compare it to the velocity loss of a 1" diameter, one pound, flat base, conical nosed artillery shell.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thanks again catshooter, I believe I will get the RSI program. Now I got to decide if I want the package deal with the chrono or not.

Originally Posted By: larr
Thanks again CatShooter, I believe I will get the RSI program. Now I got to decide if I want the package deal with the chrono or not.

I bought their C.E.D. Chrono, and sold my Oehler 35-P.

I have a year old chrony alpha master and a 2 month old printer for it that I have not used yet. I might just sell both of them and buy the package deal. How do you like their chrono? been reading reviews on it and they are 50/50.

Originally Posted By: larrI have a year old chrony alpha master and a 2 month old printer for it that I have not used yet. I might just sell both of them and buy the package deal. How do you like their chrono? been reading reviews on it and they are 50/50.

I like it a lot - none of them are perfect, but it is better than my Oehler 35-P...

It is tons better than the chrony.

Back