.223 Price

Cronus4

With the current climate I have no idea what a 'good' or 'fair' price is so I'm going to float a question out there.

1,000 rounds of .223 in stock for $800 (in stock and ready to ship), to me this sounds ridiculous because I am used to the $.30/rd price point.

Is $.80 a round insane?

I just wanted to sanity check myself...I can't even go shooting anymore because of all this b.s.

Ridiculous....also insane that .204 is over $1 a round now.

Anymore, $0.30 cents is a personal reload cost if you have a bunch of components on hand...Premium factory ammo is now out of the common sense realm...$.80 for military FMJ is a little high, but probably the current norm...

I'm sitting here with about 600 rounds of prepped and primed .204 brass and just got through paying about $24 per hundred for bullets...I've held off loading them just due to the shortages that are present...I've almost quit shooting for fun..Prairie Dog season is not that far away and I'd rather have them then...

Hey OT,
Makes you wonder what the heck the future holds. I'm not sure if the weapons and ammo manufacturers are figuring they'd be forced out of business by "The Man in the White House" or one his his cronny Yoyo's. I cannot really figure out what the heck has happened, whether its a knee jerk reaction to stupid anti-gun folks or the industry has become a group of opportunists. Whatever the reason, component maufacturers are becoming like the gasoline industry that rapes us at the pumps daily. But my greatest fear is these folks will simply limit and take away our ability to have fun as in the past. But then again, whats new?

Regards,
Alex

I think it's just a widespread panic. I think although a bit worse than normal it's no different than any other election year. When all the manufacturer's finally get a handle on all this craziness and are able to catch up things will settle down again. Whether the prices go back to what they were is another question it seem with anything once the price goes up it never really comes back down. My best advice to everyone is hold out and weather the storm and when things become available, stock up and make sure you're hunting room is stocked up before the next election. Cause like I said earlier this always happens on an election year, not quite this bad but it always happens!!!

Have not seen any loaded 223 around here for a few weeks..if it is around it usually is running 60 cents to a buck a round.

Our local sporting goods just got in four cases. Two 20rd boxes per person a day. The price is $9.99 a box for american eagle 55gr. fmj.

Try the Internet !! Sinclair is good to work with!! I always try to do biz with the local ranges but if they don't have it or only ration it out to people who use their range you don't have many options!!

I went to a Gunshow last weekend here in Ca last weekend. I couldnt believe My eyes when I saw a $1300 dollar case PMC 1000 of .223 ammo! And some say reloading isnt cheaper. $1.30 per shot? Does not compute. Get into reloading and buy bullets whenever on sale. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I went to a Gunshow last weekend here in Ca last weekend. I couldnt believe My eyes when I saw a $1300 dollar case PMC 1000 of .223 ammo! And some say reloading isnt cheaper. $1.30 per shot? Does not compute. Get into reloading and buy bullets whenever on sale. Good luck.

I hope those kinda guys starve when this is all over.
I had a guy ask me to help him move some 223 fmj ammo he wanted over a buck a round for it and had 800 rds. I told him i wouldnt even ask around.

Back