Very Rare Double

daddyflea

A little about the Hunt. I am hunting in the Day at about 10:30 AM on a bright Day. I am using a Valmet 412 Over and Under in 12ga and 222 Rifle. I am using a FoxPro CS 24 without a Decoy in relatively thin Woods. I am hunting by myself. This area was covered 5 days ago by a Helicopter killing all the Hogs and Coyotes they could kill. At 3:30 PM when I called they had killed 250 Hogs and were still shooting. Killed a bunch of Coyotes but very few on this property. I figured that they really did not hurt the Coyotes that bad and maybe all the dead Hogs might draw some Coyotes to the area.

My first stand should be the best stand and it is dry.

My second stand I start with Luscious Lips and let it run for 5 minutes. I then go to DSG Cottontail. I let that run till about 10 minutes then I look down and change to a Coyote Howl. When I look back up I see two Bobcats approaching from my left. Howl starts and the Cats freeze. I am out of position to shoot so I hit recall as quick as I can without much movement. I am about 30 yds from the call.

As soon as the DSG come back on the Bobcats take an interest. I have hidden the caller so there is nothing for them to see. Eventually one of the Cats starts moving forward. I am already in Shotgun mode and I take the shot. First cat goes down without even flopping.

The second Cat ran about 30 yards or about 50 from me and crouched down wondering where its partner went. I hit the button to change to the Rifle and realized that you can not move the button after the first barrel is fired.

The second cat starts to crouch and starts moving away. I leaned around a tree and waited for a clear shot. Eventually the second cat gave me a shot and I had two cats down.

I went out and checked and it was a Male and a Female. I called my Taxidermist and she wanted the cats so I had to call the rest of the Hunt. This is some pictures of the cats and my Taxidermist. Brenda often provides the Animals you see in our local Walmart stores so if you are in the Waco area these Cats may soon be on display.

IMG_20130216_102538_114_zpsfa64deb1.jpg

IMG_20130216_102848_706_zps01b0d850.jpg

021613002_zps225b891a.jpg

HOMAnimated_zpsa2612f08.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: jackjackerDouble cats?! Holy cow!! Has that been documented before?

Not sure if it was documented but two Cats in the Day time, with an Over and Under, one with Shotgun the other with Rifle. I was excited. I have called up more than one Cat at night before but never killed both of them and they did not come in side by side.

daddyflea Not sure if it was documented but two Cats in the Day time said:
Got a pair many years ago, Female with half grown offspring, was a rush and they didn't come in together as you stated, about 10 min apart.

I had an advantage, I was using a 94/22m so had more than one shot avaiilable.
Congratulations on an excellent hunt. One for the books for sure!!!
To do it with two shots only is kind of defeating the need for hi cap mags, ain't it?? LOL
lol.gif

Back