CA Coyote Legislation

Kilo6

I'm getting this second hand (but it comes from a gov't trapper friend of mine), that they (Authors Note: "they" can be defined as the left-wing, pinko, commie bedwetting, birkenstock-wearing, gaia-worshiping circus show of freaks that inhabit the California state assembly & legislature) are attempting to put forward a bill changing coyotes from a non-game species to a game specie. Piggybacked on this would be the outlawing of snares as a management tool. CA Department of Fish & Wildlife (which until very recently was the Dept. of Fish & GAME) won't lift a manicured finger to recommend against it, I'm confident. I asked the likelihood of this passing and was told that in the current political climate it'll sail through. Have any of you CA guys heard of this?

I get the feeling California is going to be making a very big push in the next two years on gun control and hunting/fishing regulations. They State is a Democratic Supermajority, with a very liberal governor, lieutenant governor and both Senators. They have very recently shut down a 100+ year old oyster farm, tightened regs on abalone diving, may tighten regs on Salmon, and are talking about limiting deer tags in zones that have no business being touched. Couple this with the Cougar being a protected species, and no hounds on bear or Bobcats, and it is easier to count what you can't do than what you can.

Yep, that's what happens when politicians begin running wildlife agencies. I hope you are wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if you aren't.

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeySo you can run dogs on deer but not bears or cats? That makes sense!

Ya Jesse. You can use dogs on Fox, Coyotes, Deer, Hogs and Birds. I believe that if we didn't have such a large and destructive population of Hogs, dogs would be outlawed on all mammals by now. The problem they would have is that Hogs are everywhere, and it would be an easy loophole to jump through to use dogs on Deer because they are in all the same spots. Not many people use deer dogs either, so for now it hasn't gotten a lot of attention. I would stop hunting if I couldn't use dogs on hogs and deer.

I absolutely hate living in California for a lot of reasons, but there are enough benefits that I will most likely stay. I can make a lot of money here, and I am right in the middle of some of the most diverse hunting and fishing in the world. I am less than 2 hours from...
Deer, Elk, Hogs, Bear, Bobcats, Coyotes, Fox, Elk, Antelope, Dungenous Crab, Salmon, Sturgeon, Striper, Steelhead, Abalone, Scallops, Rock Fish, Sharks, Pacific Flyway duck hunting, and the top Largemouth Bass fishing on the West Coast. It sucks in so many ways, but it does have it's redeaming qualities. I really wish they would divide the state at the Golden Gate Bridge, and let Norcal be it's own state.

Quote:I really wish they would divide the state at the Golden Gate Bridge, and let Norcal be it's own state.

I agree. I've fought a lot of fires in Northern CA and it's like a different state. Not so in Southern CA.

According to what I'm hearing, this thing is in the works, although I can't find squat about it on the internet. It may not be labeled as some kind of 'coyote legislation', it's probably hidden in some kind of water quality bill or something misleading like that. I'm keepin my ear to the ground......

Back