Kudo's to Kirsh Outdoors

AWS

Retired PM Staff
As some of you know I spend a lot of time on the road. I've hunted birds and coyotes in MT, birds, coyotes, and ducks in WA, took a newbie coyote calling in UT, did a little photo hunting in AZ and coyote hunting in NM this season. I live in my van for almost 6 months of the year.

This year I invested in the Kirsh hunting GPS chips, the western chip covers 10 western states and has been one of my better purchases. We accessed land we never thought was public, found ranchers for permission and were able to tell exactly when we transitioned private to public lands. It would be hard to imagine going back to trying to look at a map in one hand, steering with the other , trying to watch the road and look for landmarks at the same time.

I had some problems with my GPS an older model that Garmin has loaded with almost too much info and Corey talked me through the fixes, great guy.

I still like my maps as I can spread them out the night befor and plan the next day, plus it is easy to show a warden the spot even if it is a long way off for clarification on access.

This is one product that if you hunt alot of different places and a lot of it is public land, is the thing to have.

Thank you for the kind words. It is great to hear this type of feedback. I am not only the creator of the product but the biggest user of it myself as I would not go hunting without it either.

Just as an FYI, the 2013 models have released. The 2013 TRAXWest has 8 states now. If a previous user had bought a verion with more states, I would update them to TRAXWest 2013 plus 1 or 2 individual state maps so they still had their 9, or 10 states their product came with. I had to remove some states as there is a limit to how large a mapset can be for a Garmin GPS. With the 2013 release, private land ownership was added to MT, ND, WY and NM. Due to this, I needed to remove MN from the mapset and ID had been removed in 2012 as it became part of the TRAXNW product.

In addition to the private land ownership, I was even able to include contact phone numbers on approx. 40% of the private land records. If a phone number is not listed, almost all records still show the owners name, city and state of residence, so it can be looked up if not available right on the GPS. The TRAX maps are the only maps in existence giving you all of this data, live on your GPS.

Back