Beaver came over

vargy49

today.

I put one in Beavers lap today!! (Aint that what guides are pose to do ? ) LOL
Any way He woke up when his dogs were trying to tip the truck over trying to get out!! LOL
We seen 5 today. The hounds just coulding run worth aq darn today!! They did get one jumped and brought it to the East road just as I was pulling up!!He changed his mind in a hurry when the stag doors came open!! LOL
The coyote turned hard and was heading around a fence heading for the South road!! Last time I could see Jinx was smelling the same air as the coyote!!
I head for the South Road. I know there is a farm there with sheep!! The coyote didnt make the road!! they had him roled up against the sheep fence!!

5b325a747adff48d5df77e61655ae9d636b8d34.jpg

Jinx on the Top and Liz on the bottom. Jinx came from Hacksaw a couple 3 years ago. She must be 5 now.
Liz came from RP probley 7 years ago. I will have to ask RP but would think she is 10 or 11 maybe even a little more. She is blind in one eye and old age has really slowed her down but she will handle a coyote yet!!
The lights came on today!! This little girl took ahold today!! She made the whole race and stayed on the coyote until it was done!!

7ae252a45ed944415047a2915eaef53d91170ee.jpg

Vargy

That looks like alot of fun! Been toying with the idea of some runnin dogs, I don't know if it will fly with the wife or the new owner of the ranch.

Nice to see pictures of the stags doing what the do best. How many are you up to this year Vargy? Oh, and are you still wreaking havoc on the coons?

Yes Mike still giving coons heck. But the coons must had a bad year. About every farm this year had 2 or 3 dead coons. I think they took distemper pretty hard. Our numbers were down real bad. Usually take 150 coons each season. This year only 50 .
I had 6 stags 3 for each side.
Two weeks ago I had a wreck with dogs and lost one.
We had a good hunt today. Caught 2 coyotes. But I am on the wife's IPAd so you will have to wait till the grand kids go to bed. lol

Vargy

Originally Posted By: vargy49Yes Mike still giving coons heck. But the coons must had a bad year. About every farm this year had 2 or 3 dead coons. I think they took distemper pretty hard. Our numbers were down real bad. Usually take 150 coons each season. This year only 50 .
I had 6 stags 3 for each side.
Two weeks ago I had a wreck with dogs and lost one.
We had a good hunt today. Caught 2 coyotes. But I am on the wife's IPAd so you will have to wait till the grand kids go to bed. lol

Vargy

Vargy-Do you think the numbers could be down because you have tried to clean out every old house/barn you found a coon in, the last couple years? 50 coon is about 5 coon per dog for you...IF you count them all as dog caught. Thank goodness your making more, you will burn them out at that pace...
rolleyes.gif

The best way to keep from killing your own stags is to slow down, not to make better latches!
The dogs looked like they had to work for that coyote...but isnt that the type pic you hide on your site, so the antis wont get it?

Take care.

Distemper can decimate a population in a short order. No matter how efficient some of us are, nature has a way of inflicting it's own population control. We see similar results with mange in coyotes. They'll crawl in haystacks and die during the winter and ranchers find the carcasses when moving hay.

How much longer will you be running coyotes? The fur is about done here.

I've been in Northern Montana the last few days hunting. Coyote numbers are way down. The most I saw in one day was four. I was talking to one of the local ranchers who's buddies aerial gun coyotes. Five planes took off to hunt coyotes last week and they only got one dog! No wonder I"m having a tough time coaxing them in. They're hunkering down!

Doc when you know what your talking about it might be diff!!
You aint got a clue how I hunt or where I hunt!! If I hunt with one dog or 10 dogs it has nothing to do with you!!We dont hunt the same houses and barns year after year!! we give them a couple years off. When we find dead coons at the new places and no coons there is a reason why and I can probly say its nothing to do with me cleaning the place out if I never hunted there yet!!
You dont know what pics I post on my site cause you are not welcome there any more because of how you treat folks there!!
You dont know what happened when I lost Dog cause you werent there!! You didnt see how it happened. you have room about telling some to slow down!! how many trucks have you tore up ??

Nope, it's not going to go sideways. UphillDoc likes to poke and drop innuendos. See his byline.

I'm going to post this out here for everyone to see.

Start posting antagonistic posts or have a hidden agenda and you'll be looking for a new predator hunting website to craft your skills because you won't be doing it on Predator Masters. I meant what I said, the quickest way to get banned on Predator Masters is start the same old BS in the hound forum.

As the saying goes: That dog ain't gonna hunt!

Originally Posted By: vargy49Doc when you know what your talking about it might be diff!!
You aint got a clue how I hunt or where I hunt!! If I hunt with one dog or 10 dogs it has nothing to do with you!!We dont hunt the same houses and barns year after year!! we give them a couple years off. When we find dead coons at the new places and no coons there is a reason why and I can probly say its nothing to do with me cleaning the place out if I never hunted there yet!!
You dont know what pics I post on my site cause you are not welcome there any more because of how you treat folks there!!
You dont know what happened when I lost Dog cause you werent there!! You didnt see how it happened. you have room about telling some to slow down!! how many trucks have you tore up ??

Vargy-Im still driving the same truck I started with, and I have yet to kill my own dog. You got me beat on both accounts...
thumbup1.gif

Take care.

Mike-Its no secret there is no love lost between Vargy and I, but my byline means, just because something hurts your feelings doesnt mean it was intended that way. I cant help if someone reads things into my post, concluding anything other than what I actually wrote is on them.

Mentioning that over harvesting an area can lower game numbers or that slowing down may be the better way to improve his dogs safety, hardly seems antagonistic. If the post had been to anyone other than Vargy I doubt it would have gotten a second look.

Take care.

I'm sure your more concerned about the coon population more so than having a bone to pick with him.....Talk about a dog that wont hunt...!!!

From what I have seen, UphillDoc seems to like to start trouble. This thread was going fine til he mouthed off to Vargy. If you dont like the way someone else hunts, this is not the place to discuss it.

Great looking stags. My dad raised and hunted stags for years. One of the reasons I became a vet. Seems we were always patching of a dog. He doesn't have stages anymore except one he kept as a pet out of his last litter. My daughter asked him to keep her. she rides to the ranch with him often. We still go out with the other guys some and push and spot coyotes for them. I also call alot. My calling is not real popular with them, but they understand I don't have the time to hunt with stags. Still the funest way to hunt coyotes I think is with stags. Keep posting hunting reports and talking about your dogs I sure enjoy it. My dad and his friends set around and talk about races and dog lines for ever.

Back