Coyote Light Users input...IS IT that GOOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin2

I'm considering getting a red coyote light. More expensive, but if it does what it says it does, then my old eyes will appreciate the improvement.

So, if anyone has hunted with one, or been there when someone was using one, then I'd love to hear your opinions...

Talk to Jeremiah from Boondocks, he will set you straight with an XLR250 Kill light!

I would also get a shroud which he sells.

I preferred the Green over the red myself.

Actually the "Coyote Light" I sell is way better than a XLR250..

Like compairing apples to oranges..

Coyote Light is the best light ive ever used, they are $429.99 but worth every penny.

Jeremiah

I'm in the market for a lightweight Gun mounted light. What makes it better than the XLR or the Wicked?

Like was said, it is a lot of money. I'd like to hear more about it and why it is better. Battery life, beam, distance? All that matters to me.

I have personally id'd aniimals at over 400yards..
The light is focusable and dimmable..
5.5hrs runtime on high and 48hrs run time on 25% power..

Not even the same class as EWT or Wicked..

made in America and actually designed from the ground up to be a Predator hunting light by PA Predator hunters..

Jeremiah

How much brighter than the Carnivore 5 is it? I can ID to 325 to 350 with it, good battery life, and built well also.And is the mount high enough for a 50mm? Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bob after BobHow much brighter than the Carnivore 5 is it? I can ID to 325 to 350 with it, good battery life, and built well also.And is the mount high enough for a 50mm? Thanks

I am also curious about this. I searched and cant find a lot of info about the carnivore 5.

"Brian Stewert" has a coyote light and he told me is was the best light he's ever had, and he's got or had about any light on the market, I'm gonna get 1 ....

Some have the best and kill very little. When it comes to predator hunting you need to find what is best for your hunting areas. The 250, 802, TRL, are all good eastern lights to a ethical shooting range in the east. Hey if you got cash to throw around then the light is for you bro. I would use the extra 300 towards good optics or a WT caller, to call them in close, not much light needed I've found. Had to add the last, could not resist.

I had a customer bring a "Earnievor 5" to my shop and I wasnt impressed, it has unneccessary light spilling all over the place and the "Coyote Light" blew it away..
You would need the extra $300 just to feed the "5" with batteries

Coyote Light claims a 500yard Id I just have not had the fields to try that yet, but I completely beileve it..

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsI had a customer bring a "Earnievor 5" to my shop and I wasnt impressed, it has unneccessary light spilling all over the place and the "Coyote Light" blew it away..

Coyote Light claims a 500yard Id I just have not had the fields to try that yet, but I completely beileve it..

Jeremiah

Man everytime something comes out be it a ecaller, flashlight, nothing compares. In the east I would not be shooting 500 yards, maybe 200 if I'm in a contest that weekend and to me that distance is unethical. So now we are saying the coyote light is the top light. The Carnavore 5 would be the 2nd best then the HS-802 since it holds a tighter beam and has a slightly longer throw than the kill light , then the xlr250. What ever happened to the predator headlamp that was just in white that was the best 2 years ago. Everyone was killing fur with it in white and everyone said it did not spook game. And had a nice slide barrel mount I can't find it anywhere. I may pay the 429 but I will wait till i hunt with someone who has 1 first. It is probably going to be the cats meow out west though. It is great all the new tools us predator hunters have. Sending you a PM.

Last edited:
Ive been thinkin of getting one, Or something similair. Where I hunt, its not uncommon to see coyotes coming across wheat stubble from a mile out full speed and never stop till they get to the call in daytime. I think I need a light that will show eyes as far out as possible or they will be all over me before I see them or can stop them.

I bought a coyote light from Jeremiah and it is unreal! My hunting partner has an xlr 250 and I can honestly say that the coyote light is head and shoulders above the xlr 250. I say this because the coyote light throws a more intense beam of light and it is fully adjustable. We were struggling to get a positive ID on animals past 150 yards with the xlr 250 but with the coyote light I have had no issues making a positive ID on animals at 250 yards. Haven't had the chance to ID anything past 250 yards yet but I'm confident I could. The beam also has an ajustable focus which is awesome because you can scan using a wide beam and then make the shot using a narrow beam. I have not done a test to see if the light can run 5.5 hours with a full charge on full intensity as they claim but we have had to replace batteries in the xlr 250 while the coyote light just kept on running. I have only used the coyote light and the xlr 250 as a scope mounted hunting light so I can only compare the two. I understand the coyote light is expensive but I chose to "buy once cry once".

why can't you shoot Originally Posted By: Bob after BobOriginally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsI had a customer bring a "Earnievor 5" to my shop and I wasnt impressed, it has unneccessary light spilling all over the place and the "Coyote Light" blew it away..

Jeremiah

Man everytime something comes out be it a ecaller, flashlight, nothing compares. In the east I would not be shooting 500 yards, maybe 200 if I'm in a contest that weekend and to me that distance is unethical. So now we are saying the coyote light is the top light. The Carnavore 5 would be the 2nd best then the HS-802 since it holds a tighter beam and has a slightly longer throw than the kill light , then the xlr250. What ever happened to the predator headlamp that was just in white that was the best 2 years ago. Everyone was killing fur with it in white and everyone said it did not spook game. And had a nice slide barrel mount I can't find it anywhere. I may pay the 429 but I will wait till i hunt with someone who has 1 first. It is probably going to be the cats meow out west though. It is great all the new tools us predator hunters have. Sending you a PM.
Not sure why it couldn't be the cat's meow in the east. If I could positively ID at 500 yds. and was confident in my ability to make that shot, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It would only be an unethical shot if you weren't sure of your abilities at that distance. Frankly, I believe a red dimmable light that easily outdistances the competition would be the cat's meow in the east. Every year they come out with new products, in most cases they ARE an improvement. By the way, the coyotelight has been out for a few years now. I imagine it's not real popular because of the price. besides that if jeremiah hadn't started selling them I doubt many people on here would know they exist.
Anyway, it's on my to buy list after I take the contests i'm in this weekend. LOL!

500 yard shot on a coyote. Would not mind seing you do it 3 times in a row. Anyone knows in this wind at 500 yards that bullet placement would be luck.

jeez, calm down I was just kidding, hence the LOL at the end. Congrats on your success. I guess just because you do it a certain way makes it right? Being dimmable is the selling point to me. I wouldn't take a 500 yd shot anywhere on anything as I have never ever shot that far. On a calm night I don't see why this would be impossible if you were confident of your abilities. By the way I do ok for myself with my tlr and my 501b, and I don't much like taking shots past 100 yds in the dark. Wish I could afford to get in 21 contests. Guess when I win on Sun. I can put all that towards a bunch of contests next year. Lmao

so anyway.....
Any way you could possibly get some beam shots on here jeremiah or josh? for those of us that are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back