Will many war vets be able to own a hunting firearm?

Bob after Bob

In the new gun bills there is to be a list of medications that can stop a person from owning a gun.

My friend a 1st Iraq war vet uses 1 of these medications he has never been violent but his doctor in Philly told him it was in a doctor update memo. And the doctor will have to report him according to the memo.

A guy can get injured and now cannot even own a gun.

The new laws are just going to be wrong.

When I had my first heart attack my heart Dr put me on antidepressants for a while.He said he thought they helped as first time heart attacks were depressing.It was not much and did not last long but my point is there may be people caught up in all this stuff that don't deserve to be treated different.Edit to add:This was 15 years ago so may be different now.I was told was standard practice so that would be a lot of people if so.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tnshootistWhen I had my first heart attack my heart Dr put me on antidepressants for a while.He said he thought they helped as first time heart attacks were depressing.It was not much and did not last long but my point is there may be people caught up in all this stuff that don't deserve to be treated different.Edit to add:This was 15 years ago so may be different now.I was told was standard practice so that would be a lot of people if so.

It's still standard practice. A friend of mine had a heart attack last year and they put him on anti's. He's also a vietnam vet. This is going to be another way to disarm us!!!!

I have said in other posts that us Combat Vets that are in the VA system are going to be the first to get the shaft and made example of. It will be us Vietnam guys that will get hit hard. The new vets will see it coming so prepare your selves watch the system.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWhen I had my first heart attack my heart Dr put me on antidepressants for a while.He said he thought they helped as first time heart attacks were depressing.It was not much and did not last long but my point is there may be people caught up in all this stuff that don't deserve to be treated different.Edit to add:This was 15 years ago so may be different now.I was told was standard practice so that would be a lot of people if so.

Not to mention that there is a real problem with the mind altering drugs being incorrectly used and prescribed due to kickback programs to doctors. The whole prescription drug thing needs a hard look anyway.

The diagnosis for being a threat is more than just what drugs you are taking, behavior that would indicate a person might be a danger would be part of it.

Being a VietNam vet. and having my VA. benifits every time I go to a VA clinic they want to ask me stupid questions and I won't answer them. They are always trying to put me on pills and I tell them I don't take any medications of any kind and they say I have to take them but I continue to say no. This situation is going to get real bad for all vets. As the VA is going to notify everyone as to what medications every vet. is taking. Anyone who has been in combat is going to be classified as having PTSD.

Medical screening and having the Government run the Health Care is going to eliminate a lot of gun owners. Every time I go to the DR. the screening nurse asks the same questions. One of the questions is 'Have you been depressed' in the last x months. I always answer no, get my blood pressure checked and wait for the DR.

This year I got a summary of all of my Dr's visits and what they were about. One was for Depression Counseling. Whoa , where did that come from. They must consider asking if I've been depressed as a Counseling Session. Can you imagine what it would take to explain that to some Government Bureaucrat that is saying you can't have weapons because of your mental depression?

Originally Posted By: jim dBeing a VietNam vet. and having my VA. benifits every time I go to a VA clinic they want to ask me stupid questions and I won't answer them. They are always trying to put me on pills and I tell them I don't take any medications of any kind and they say I have to take them but I continue to say no. This situation is going to get real bad for all vets. As the VA is going to notify everyone as to what medications every vet. is taking. Anyone who has been in combat is going to be classified as having PTSD.

Thank you for your sevice. I get the questions as well at the VA but they ask even deeper, are you suicidal or homicidally. I do not take any meds as well but they sure push them. They say that it is 15% combat and 85% support now, in Nam it was 20/80. The returning soldiers need to be carefull how they word things. Us Nam combat soldiers are just (beep) we were back after discharge and just seems to come back around. When I see someone new at the VA I tell them up front no questions pretaining to anything that is political past present and future and any issues being discussed, nothing religious, racial, or imagration related. These are all private feelings between me and my God. Trust was a big deal for us after the war it is all coming to that again distrust.

The politicians are fully aware of the "opportunities" that could present themselves here. When it comes to disarming Americans, this sort of scenario just makes light bulbs come on in their heads. I would expect more doctors to be asking the "have you ever felt depressed" question.

I'm setting my first appointment for VA care since dropping my Kaiser as of December.

I can assure you guys that I will be answering questions differently or not at all as a result of reading about invasively probing questions.

I have not had any problems with depression.
I do not own any guns, my wife doesn't like guns so I respect that.
I do not need any meds except Prilosec for heartburn.

I sure hope lying about these questions isn't a felony
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: woodguruI'm setting my first appointment for VA care since dropping my Kaiser as of December.

I can assure you guys that I will be answering questions differently or not at all as a result of reading about invasively probing questions.

I have not had any problems with depression.
I do not own any guns, my wife doesn't like guns so I respect that.
I do not need any meds except Prilosec for heartburn.

I sure hope lying about these questions isn't a felony
thumbup.gif

If you don't own any guns then you don't have to worry about lying. Be depressed or not tell the truth.

After I returned from my second tour in Nam. and went to the VA and the first thing they wanted to know was if I drank booze and how many drinks I had a week. They then told me I would have to attend drug and alcohal classes, I told them where to go. I know that all this is in my files and some day some idiot from the government is going to bring this up as all vets. are going to have their medical files screened because of the Presidents gun control policies. Everything that a vet. says to a doctor or nurse is on record.---jim

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I sure hope lying about these questions isn't a felony
thumbup.gif

Things like this come easier for certain folks huh?

Seems to be a consensus here that the truth is not necessary or even a good idea.

Yet I'm the only one lying comes easy to right?
lol.gif

Quote:I sure hope lying about these questions isn't a felony...Unless there is an immediate clause before you signature that begins: "Under Penalty of Law", you don't need to really worry...Even then, since our current administration fails to follow, or believes in bending, or interpreting the law to suit their desires, I doubt the statement any longer has much validity....

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I sure hope lying about these questions isn't a felony
thumbup.gif

Things like this come easier for certain folks huh?

Seems to be a consensus here that the truth is not necessary or even a good idea.

Yet I'm the only one lying comes easy to right?
lol.gif

Wood if you are breathing, your probably lying. Just sayin.

Back