imr 4350 and h4350?

I have 2lbs of h 4350 and no data on the gr bullets i have. I have 65 gr vmax 70 gr nbt and the only one i have data for is 85 gr tsxr i have very few 85 gr and a crap load of 65 vmax. My question is is there a starting point that i can use that will cross from imr to hodgon my books show imr for almost all grains in 243 and is imr 4350 a better powder

H 4350 is a slightly slower powder and is also an extreme powder, being less temperature sensitive than it's IMR cousin. There isn't any data that will "cross" from one powder to another...all powders are unique to themselves.
IMR isn't necessarily a better powder than any other brand , it all depends on what your rifle likes best given the cartridge and load. Assuming your rifle is a standard .243 Win and not a variant, Hodgdons website doesn't list any H4350 data for either of 65gr. or 70gr. bullets you mentioned.
However, in Hornady's 8th edition it does list 44 grs. of H 4350 as a starting load with their 70gr spitzer topping out at 47.9 grs.
The lack of data suggests that a faster powder would be better suited to the lighter bullets.

YMMV,
BD

Back