When will the firearms, ammo, and accessory supply chains catch up?

I stopped into Dillion reloading and I overheard them talking about how they had more than 75 temporary workers to handle the rush.
Good for them for being one of the few companies in the country that is actually hiring people.

I think the background check might fly if it didn't make a list of who has what - maybe a national firearms card (good in all 57 states), or just a NCIS check that says that it is OK to sell, but did not include what or even "if" there was a true sale... but we know what the real purpose is for the checks is, so I think it won't fly in it's present version.

I agree with you. I actually believe there should be a background check, but only if it could be done without being traced. But how can you do that? I will not give up my guns.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan
Second......... I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to and quoted the Talking Grouse, and in that perspective, what he said was phuny and totally incorrect.

What part was "phuny and totally incorrect"? The part about Romney being the governor of one of the most anti-gun states in the union and doing nothing about it? I think if you do a little actual research you'll find, that that is actually 100% correct. Making excuses for why he didn't do anything about MA's anti-gun stance sounds like 100% chite to me, but if you want to become Governor Romney's Official Apologist, go ahead.

My point is that having a R or a D after your name means nothing as far as your stance on gun rights. Both parties have anti-gun members just as both paries have pro gun members. I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I don't follow your logic of giving free passes to politicians who just don't seem to care or are indifferent. That's as good as being an anti in my book.

Grouse

Originally Posted By: The Famous GrouseOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan
Second......... I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to and quoted the Talking Grouse, and in that perspective, what he said was phuny and totally incorrect.

What part was "phuny and totally incorrect"? The part about Romney being the governor of one of the most anti-gun states in the union and doing nothing about it? I think if you do a little actual research you'll find, that that is actually 100% correct. Making excuses for why he didn't do anything about MA's anti-gun stance sounds like 100% chite to me, but if you want to become Governor Romney's Official Apologist, go ahead.
My point is that having a R or a D after your name means nothing as far as your stance on gun rights. Both parties have anti-gun members just as both paries have pro gun members. I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I don't follow your logic of giving free passes to politicians who just don't seem to care or are indifferent. That's as good as being an anti in my book.

Grouse

I thought Mike B explained the Romney issue quite well, but you probably missed it. Who said I gave a free pass to anyone? Who did I vote for? Please let me know since you profess to know so much about politics.

If you'd like to take it offline I'd be more than happy to compare what you have done in the past 20 years for gun rights with what I've done. I've done far more than just spout rhetoric on an internet forum that is nothing more than personal chest thumping to pump up your one adoring fan - namely yourself.

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
Soon, I think. I just heard on the radio, that firearms sales are falling and on the way back to normal (source is background check numbers).

I think people have figured out that nothing is going to happen in Washington.

They might be falling because there isn't anything out there to buy or prices are high enough to discourage it.

Originally Posted By: dog loverI think the background check might fly if it didn't make a list of who has what - maybe a national firearms card (good in all 57 states), or just a NCIS check that says that it is OK to sell, but did not include what or even "if" there was a true sale... but we know what the real purpose is for the checks is, so I think it won't fly in it's present version.

I agree with you. I actually believe there should be a background check, but only if it could be done without being traced. But how can you do that? I will not give up my guns.

To late for that. We already have a back ground check that can be traced.

Originally Posted By: The Famous GrouseOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

Grouse

Didn't Romney support the last gun ban?

Originally Posted By: chucknbachOriginally Posted By: CatShooter
Soon, I think. I just heard on the radio, that firearms sales are falling and on the way back to normal (source is background check numbers).

I think people have figured out that nothing is going to happen in Washington.

They might be falling because there isn't anything out there to buy or prices are high enough to discourage it.

I know that is true in this area

Got this email two weeks or so ago that takes about where everyone is at dont know how true just thought I would pass it along.

Waco, TX – Update from the gun industry on production and shortages

Armalite: Maxed out!

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by bolt carrier's.

Daniel Defense: All of 2013 production is presold and it is not taking backorders.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Remington: Maxed out!

RUGER: Plans to increase production from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

Smith & Wesson: Is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible with about 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is going to the military followed by law enforcement and civilians are a distant third in line.

MAGPUL: Is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of Magpul items anytime soon.

RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo manufacturers FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes...it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up.

Back