New Furtakers episode with Decoy dogs

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerNews Flash, everyone has already got a dog or wants a dog!

Well, where I come from, grown men don't disrespect one another like this, without running the risk of bodily harm. Write to one another as you would speak to one another, face to face.

I seriously don't feel the moderator should be the one instigating hate and discontent, isn't their job to keep the bickering to a minimum?

Originally Posted By: gonzagaI know mine isn't, he's like me......fat and lazy and a cold old nose...

Sounds like my worthless mutt. But she is part of the family and she luvs us.
smile.gif

I watched the Fur-takers episode last night It could have been a good show if it was only 15 minutes long. Is it that hard to get footage, that they have to take a 10 min show, add 10 minutes of commercials, and repeat the same scenes over again for the remainder to make a 1/2 hour show. I understand commercials pay the bill, so we get them like it or not, however, it seems like they end a scene with a commercial, then after the commercial they show 1/2 of the last scene, before they show the next scene, then the same redundancy. I would have liked to see more dog/coyote interaction.

Big Al cracks me up, he does know his stuff, and can shoot. I bet it would be a real hoot to spend a day hunting with him and a few beers afterwards.

I don't hunt coyotes off the den, I'm not an ADC guy, or loosing livestock to them critters, but that's my choice. YMMV

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: gonzagaI know mine isn't, he's like me......fat and lazy and a cold old nose...

Sounds like my worthless mutt. But she is part of the family and she luvs us.
smile.gif

I watched the Fur-takers episode last night It could have been a good show if it was only 15 minutes long. Is it that hard to get footage, that they have to take a 10 min show, add 10 minutes of commercials, and repeat the same scenes over again for the remainder to make a 1/2 hour show. I understand commercials pay the bill, so we get them like it or not, however, it seems like they end a scene with a commercial, then after the commercial they show 1/2 of the last scene, before they show the next scene, then the same redundancy. I would have liked to see more dog/coyote interaction.

Big Al cracks me up, he does know his stuff, and can shoot. I bet it would be a real hoot to spend a day hunting with him and a few beers afterwards.

I don't hunt coyotes off the den, I'm not an ADC guy, or loosing livestock to them critters, but that's my choice. YMMV

And that kid, Abner I think his name is, always cranking up/down on the power ring of his scope. They show him cranking on that thing 3 or 4 times with every coyote.

Drives me nuts. Hope he doesn't really do that. But I don't know. lol

Quote:And that kid, Abner I think his name is, always cranking up/down on the power ring of his scope. They show him cranking on that thing 3 or 4 times with every coyote.

I think the purpose is to draw attention to that nice Simmons or Tasco scope he is using on his Savage rifle.
smile.gif

[/quote]

And that kid, Abner I think his name is, always cranking up/down on the power ring of his scope. They show him cranking on that thing 3 or 4 times with every coyote.

Drives me nuts. Hope he doesn't really do that. But I don't know. lol[/quote]

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

nothing wrong with simmons or tasco. i have both on different guns and they have been great. out lasted alot of those high dollar scopes i bought just to end up hating!!!

jglynn,

I put that smiley face at the end because I was displaying a little gile and subterfuge about the equipment.

Abner uses a high dollar scope. My guess is his rifle and scope set-up cost about $2000. I didn't want to mention the correct name brands just to be ornery.

I have a friend that called in and shot about 100 coyotes a year. Chilirojo got banned from PM, but he likes his Simmons scope just the same, and it seemed not to hurt his numbers.

So I was just jesting, making lite of the topic.

haha, i must of just read it wrong. im a lil slow.lol.

i have mosty Burris optics but i have my share of Simmons and a Tasco.

The ol simmons 3-9x40 8 point has seen alot of animals die over the years. alot of my kids' guns have them just in case it gets dropped or a number of things 5 kids can do to rifles.lol. and of course i grab their guns and go hunt alot. i get tired of carrying big heavy guns sometimes, so i grab one of their youth models.

Back