coyotes around Yuma AZ

redhorseshoe

So my dad just bought some property in Yuma and wants to start doing a family Christmas thing down there. That sounds fine and all but I wanna know how the coyote hunting is down there! Are there many dogs in the area? Do they get a decent pelt at all down there or are they not even worth putting up? Thanks for your input!

haha, you could get $10 for them.. lol
It's not cold enough there to get a pelt on them. Also the brush is thin, you have to get up on a little bit of a rise to call and shoot them very well. otherwise they will come in and out without you knowing it.
The bigger challenge is hiding the rig. There are a bunch of dogs though.

Don't listen to T-bone!!! There are no coyotes in Arizona!!!

Okay, he's right. They have no fur down there and you will have to pay someone to take them. There are tons of coyotes down there, both two and four legged. Should you go, be prepared to walk a fair distance from your truck to reach a good spot where the vehicle is out of sight. Pack light clothed because even in December it is, by my standards, rather warm down there. Also be aware that if you are anywhere close to an RV park or retirement community the snowbirds can often be found walking their yappee dogs out in the desert.

Back