Facts

Originally Posted By: btech29 Dog guys in general are azz holes.

If I ever become a dog guy I wanna be just like btech.

He knows coyotes are coyotes.

Craig and Larry, Im not a dog guy. I hunt yotes and just happen to take a dog with me. Dont believe me? Ask some of the elite on here. They will tell ya. Being a "houndsman" is not of my list of things I want to be when I grow up.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: btech29A coyote is a dog Jesse. The question is if a dog is a coyote.

Only during leap year.
The real question is if you breed a badger and a timber wolf is the result a possom?

This is a refreshing thread. a few guys were turning this subforum into a place where they were more woried about proving others wrong or looking like the baddest cowboy in the west than actually looking to engage in helpful conversations about dogs. I don't have the best dogs in the world, and I don't have the worst dogs in the world, but I sure am not arrogant enough to tell someone they are wrong when I have never met them, their dogs, or hunted with them.

The internet is always the place where the quiet guys are loud and the real tough guys are quiet. It's also a place where opinions can be sold as fact. I came here because I have questions about raising dogs, even though I have done it my whole life. When I saw some guys claim to have it all figured out, and talk about how they should get credit for making other people successful, it showed me exactly what they were really about.

I hope this subforum can rid itself of the egos that ruined it and turn in to place where nobody is afraid to ask a question or state an opinion.

I am glad things are getting back on track. This use to be a place where I would turn to for information, and hopefully it will get back there.

Mike good to have you back!! I use to make a few post here and quit cause of a select few!! I aint got the best dogs around but they suit me and I take a lot of game with them is what matters!!
But some folks on here think they are counterfit!! Maybe they are!!
Mike will do a good job on here!!

Vargy

Well I hope that we can all get along again. This is my favorite forum and has been for years. Some of you guys that weren't around before wouldn't know this but we actually used to share tips and training techniques with each other. I hope we can get back to that. There was a time when we shared hunting stories and pics too.....lol. I hope it gets back to that also.

I'm not pointing fingers or mentioning names, but there have been somedays where I just shook my head at some of the things being said on here.

For those of you that don't know Mike. He was the first guy I'd ever seen post any type of videos of his dog Bubba tolling and devouring coyotes. In Bubbas prime, he was amazing! Those of that seen them remember them I hope. Then it seemed like decoy dogs came out of the woodwork. I'm sure that is what Mike was referring to. Mike is a stand up guy and will help you in whatever capacity he can.

Well I'm gonna raise my glass and toast to: NEW BEGINNINGS!!!!

Feel free to join me.....

Maybe we can get Mike to repost some of those old clips. im too new to have seen any Bubba clips..... Cummon!!!! lol

Last edited:
Guys,

Thanks for the positive outlook on this post. Like many of you, I quit posting in the hound forum a couple of years ago. I'm glad to see folks coming back.

Vargy, I was wondering if you were still around, glad to see you post again. I was thinking today about the Patterdale puppies you picked up a few years ago. How did they turn out?

Those of you who would like to read about Bubba need to search his name in the title of my posts. I've written a boat load of stories over the years and tried to put his name in each title.

Almost all of the stories will be in the Predator Hunting or Story Board forums. Here's a link to the latest story:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...5428&page=1

I just got home from 3 days of hunting and one day of hunkering down in the trailer. The hunting was good, killing slow. Ended up with 2 coyotes I shot and a free coyote a rancher shot. It's going to be gale force winds the next couple of days so came home. I hate burning vacation time by hunting coyotes in 20+ mph winds.

I may actually start visiting this subforum again and maybe even post some day.
smile.gif
Of course, my dogs are counterfeits and all they do is 'sick' on command....but we sure do seem to put alot of coyotes down.
smile.gif

Way to step up and take the chit storm by the horns Mike. Been there, done that with the Hand Calls forum a few years ago. Not a fun job to do.

Tony

Back