Facts

mikegranger

Everyone,
There has been a lot of speculation, innuendo and demands made in this forum the past few days.

Here are the facts as I know them:
The Pm Adminisrators are at the PM Gathering and will be on the road for the next couple of days. Duane has been removed as moderator and I was asked to moderate this forum again. I agreed knowing full well the firestorm that would ensue.

Duane knew what he was doing when he made the Co-moderator post. He knows the process by which we seek and approve moderators. As I said in my response, it isn't a popularity vote. He made the post to instigate and divide.

Those of you demanding answers or making accusations are going to get mighty frustrated. This is an Internet hunting board not an arena to grandstand. Myself and the Adminisrators are watching this forum and will quickly delete any threads that go sideways.

The hound forum has the worst reputation of any forum on this board. There has been talk in the past of completely doing away with the forum. I've lost count of the number of members who have told me they don't visit or post in this forum because of the attitudes displayed by some who frequent here. This latest blowup only adds fuel to the fire.

My goal is to make the hound forum a place where newbies and old pros freely discuss hunting with our dogs without the fear of being ridiculed or dog piled.

Those of you who think that's a bad thing and openly comment on on the poor state of affairs, and that Predator Masters is going down the tubes might as well move on and find a better board. Our demise has been predicted many times.

Quote:
"My goal is to make the hound forum a place where newbies and old pros freely discuss hunting with our dogs without the fear of being ridiculed or dog piled."

+1

I believe the personal attacks, degradation and threats that have become regular by some in this forum are the real reason the forum has suffered deterioration.

I know Mike Granger to be not only a Decoy Dog Hunter, but a gentleman who does not engage in said rude behavior.

Give it a chance.

normally I would give a post like this a hearty "hear, hear" but coming from someone who has been much more denigrating and snide than I have ever seen from any other moderators, it feels a little out of place.

I will keep my comments in line if you can commit to do the same.

J.hennes, i have seen one post from mike making a joke. Duane regularly attacked people and tried to humiliat them publicly, and nobody had any problem at all with that?

Jesse, as I previously posted I too am confused about j.hennes' concern. Sounds like he is ready to give it a try though.

j.hennes I hope you will stick to your pledge above.

Hopefully we can all get back to having fun here, like we use to.

Craig

Well the way i see it, no matter how any of us feel about a mod or anybody here, we have no controll over what happens amongst the admin. Yeah i had a lot of issues with Duane, but i would never try to tell the admin what needed to happen, or even make a complaint.
PM is a business and unfortunatly there is a lot more to it than most of us ever see.

If Duane did so, I missed it. I would have called him out on the rug for it. I have zero affiliation with or concern for Duane, from my interactions, he seemed fair and honest in his dealings with guys on here. If he's not, well, he snookered me.

My first two experiences with Granger were, shall we say, not positive. Perhaps I overreacted, I can admit fault when its due.

I for one had my serious disagreement with a PredatorMasters Mod. We did it privately. Finally had to agree to disagree, but I think I did see a more civil approach to the membership after that.

I agree with mike lets make it fun and not a all out brawl like it can happen so often.

Some guys on here could come off like 40 grain sandpaper when all that is needed is tripple out steelwool to get your point across. Not pointing fingers at anyone as I was guilty myself a few times.

I'm here to learn and share what little knowledge I have. Most of all have fun and share fun in the field.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleCK
I believe the personal attacks, degradation and threats that have become regular by some in this forum are the real reason the forum has suffered deterioration.

Guys, I own a hunting dog.
It's not a hound, or a bear or lion dog, but I come over to this forum occasionally for tips on training and general dog health information.

Every single time I come over here, somebody's in a pi$$ing contest.

I had one discussion with Duane. He knew more about state and Federal search and seizure laws than I did after 24 years as a law enforcement officer, so I figured I was wasting my time trying to contribute anything to this forum.

I have no clue who Mike Granger is, but I'm glad he has the balls to try and moderate a forum that was ,in my opinion, going down the drain in a hurry.

Heres to hoping. Would be nice to have a level of civility on here. I will believe it when I see it. I dont think its just this board. Dog guys in general are azz holes.

Originally Posted By: btech29Dog guys in general are azz holes.

Cept you and me. And Jesse of course. LOL

tt2.gif

The way I see it is if this board is going to get right, Mike will have to put a stop to someone starting crap.

I have no beef with Duane, ive talked with him a few times and seems to be a stand up guy, but if a man didnt have 20 dogs and decoyed for 20 years, they were stupid!! He tried to keep it civil if he liked you, if not you got treated like an idiot.

On the other hand, there are a few more on here that are like that and when they gang up on us pee-ons, Duane would not put a stop to it because he thought they were right and we were just pee-ons.

just because some do it different than others doesnt make it right or wrong.

i like the way my dog hunts, others wouldnt feed him. who cares it is my dog not theirs.

lets all try to just have fun and swap stories and pictures and stay positive.

Back