Anyone shooting 75gr Vmax in .243?

It took me a little while to get a good load out of my 243 with the 75gr. Vmax. Imr4064-&cci250 primers. I dont normally use magnum primers but figured I'd try this with this load. It worked out great! 1" group @ 200yards with 1/4" vertical dispersion and 1" wide could be due to my trigger in this rifle or just me. Loaded to .005 jammed will start playing with seating depth once this fog stops rolling threw

I load my buddies 243 model 7 with 44 grains of H414 and 75 grain v-max. Shoots 1" moa. I'm sure there's a more accurate load out there for this gun, but we had to hurry. Coyotes were calling his name.

WI3der, btomlin - isn't Reloader 17 virtually the same as IMR-4350? If so, then btomlin - it would be very interesting to me to know more about your exact load. (It would be anyway since I have some IMR-4350 on hand and was planning to try the 75's again with it later this summer.) Thanks for sharing.

Been messin with the 243WIN for a while now (just added #5 to the stable) and for me the 243 has been super picky. That said i have had the best luck with R17 and IMR4350 with bullets between 75 and 95gr. Just keep trying different bullets until you find one your rifle likes and then work up from there.

Back