Predator in Kandiyohi County

Leaddog

Today I got permission to hunt about 200 acres of land in Kandiyohi co. Northwest of green lake.
Looking for some in put about predator hunting
coyote,red fox there. The land owner disribe the land with small thickits,hills and some trees.

Leaddog,
that sounds like exactly where I hunt. I have several tracks northwest of green lake where I go. Seems to be fairly tough hunting right now. There is alot of fox around. There is also some public land, but I think it needs to recover from all the pheasent and dear hunters, plus we need some snow, hard to see them with all this tall brown grass. Reports from all the deer hunters in that area say there are alot of coyotes that were seen, should get real good here soon. Drop me aline if you want to get together some time, or just want to know where the coldest beer is.

Sounds good BIG T
I will be meeting with the land owner on sunday
he,s going to show me property lines.Coyote or fox Iam ready for either.Started predator hunting last year still looking for my first.

Leaddog
careful youre getting close to my area..lol,NW of green lake should hold a few yotes just watch out for my fish house on norway lake.If you try to get some land a little west of there I believe there are more yotes.the sunberg area is lots of hills and cattail swamps and is only about 20 miles further.If I can help you out with any local info just ask.
Huntr

By the way a friend of mine took a 10# 7 ounce walleye in that area a few days ago so you might want to bring Ice fishing gear with you for when the coyotes are not playing nice
Huntr

huntr42
I made a small mistake on my directions.The land I will be hunting on, is north of lake calhoun.So I think your fish house is safe. Do find any crappies around there.I may have to check out sunburg.

I used to deer hunt north of lake calhoun,Its a nice area for deer and yotes.I may know the piece you are hunting,wouldnt that be something to connect on over the net!
Huntr

Thanks for the crappie report is that a day or night bite.Made two antler calls to try out on sunday.One is very loud and raspy the other a little quiter and a high pitch.

Back