Canadian Coyote Callin' Jamboree

Redfrog

I see we're getting a few Albertans and Saskatchewanians :eek: on here.I don't know if we got guys from B.C. or not, but I was thinking that maybe we could get together for a little informal coyote calling, maybe on a weekend. Sometime in Feb.2005???

It's still just an idea, and it would have to be somewhere we don't hunt now so as not to deplete our local stocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I do know a few areas where access isn't a problem and I don't think any of us lives in that area. Yes there are coyotes there.

It could be possible to include out of provonce hunters as well. I have the technology. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can discuss making it happen.

If you're inviting us Saskatchewanian Rednecks, I'm in! Great idea. But do us hillbilly's from the east of you need a special licence. Whatever it takes to help get this up & going let me know I'll help.

Yoteboy , yep you need a nonresident licence, but I think I can put all that stuff together if we get some interest.

I fly up there fairly regular for a weekend of shooting gophers, and occassionally for a weekend of shooting coyotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif No e-callers allowed there though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yoteboy,
Wildlife number.....$8
Wildlife certificate {hunting licence] ....$22
Coyote wolf licence.................$25

Hunting coyotes in Alberta.....priceless.

coyote_sheep_leap.jpg

Anything is possible Howler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The area I'm thinking about isn't too far from the border. It probably would only be a weekender. It really depends on how much interest and what everyone wants to do.

Redfrog,
Where and when were you thinking of doing it? You are out Hanna arent you? Do you hunt some of the grazing leases in and around Hanna - that would be decent hunting.
Went South of Brooks and tried some calling was very dissappointed with the lack of dogs.
Mike

I was thinking about south of #3 hwy. The area around Brooks gets called pretty hard I think. Marty Senneker is in Hays, just east of Brooks. He calls traps and buys coyotes I believe. Bealey is in Duchess/Brooks and buys as well so i think there is some pressure there.It's fairly handy to Calgary too.

Probably in Feb. I have a gun show happening on the 12/13 Feb.but other than that I may be ok.
I'm guessing the weekend works best,but maybe not. I'd really like to hunt an area that is new to everybody instead of having a bunch of guys show up and call all of someone's honey holes.

Redfrog,
Appreciate your comment on hunting someones honey holes.
With planning an event like this its difficult to pick a spot. Privately owned land may not be the right pick because they may not want numerous people hunting the area. Crown land would seem to be the best choice but limits a certain amount of quality country.
Please let me know what you decide.
Mike

The area I'm thinking of has lots of ground to hunt and I've never had a problem getting permission.Of course we would have to get some semblance of order so we don't all end up at the same ranch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Actually not only was permission readily given, the people I spoke too were happy to have us killing coyotes.

Redfrog,
Are you talking about Taber or Foremost or the Milk River area more specificly.
I like the idea of the Milk - lots of Coloneys - some decent cover and rolling hills draws, good pick.

Count me in.

I hunted that Milk River-Warner area for Antelope
a year ago. Got to know some of the local boy's. They have a hate on for coyotes to be sure. Nice country,lots of acres.

Back