Saskatchewan Fur Buyers

Yoteboy

Who are some honest Sask. fur buyers? Who's not? I don't really want to send anything to the auctions if I don't have to.

I just sold three to Al Sykes in Saskatoon. $20 unskinned, which seems reasonable, as there is a lot of uncertainty about the markets. Lots of buyers got burnt last year. He came highly recomended so I thought I'd give him a try.If you're talking put-up fur then there are a few options.How's your year going so far? You can drop me an e-mail, be nice to talk to some local callers, there just aren't that many of us! Which is not altogether a bad thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Dogleg

I usually go to pierceland, Sask Iam not sure of the name of the establishment, but for the past two springs I have bin taking my beaver pelts there and getting a really good price

GAry Tayler of tayler furs in Kayville sask, [abotu 60 miles south west of Regina,] he is very very fair, i sell all my furs to him finished and average abotu 5 bucks less then the average at the sale, this means no shipping no royalties, no drumming charge or no 11% on the top! I ahve been selling abotu 100-125 a year and he knows the market!! this year he is a bit lower but still giving 25 for a good coyote whole , anyhtign damaged is going to be pretty bad priced this year the wya it is sounding!! His # is 306-459-2720 ask for gary

Sureshot -- Taylor is awesome. I just didn't want to drive 4 hrs. if I didn't have to. I've sold to him in the past & wouldn't hesitate to do it again, in fact I'm 90% sure I'll end up going to him this year becuz there is no quality buyers up around S'toon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yoteboy, I brought abotu 40 to Gary this mornign and got 40 average on 34 nice yotes, 25 for 4 that were slightly damaged and 15 for 3 that should not of been skinned,I got 10 for a weak badger and 30 and 40 for 2 others that are ok but not super,he told me he does not know if he is goign to be buying for many this eyar with all the market problems, he is going to keep his regulars happy first, the sale last week averaged $39 for good western, the section3 were not sold and only 46% sold, [alot of eastern not sold]I am really happy with the price gary gave me with the market being on the edge, I have a feelign it will get better after x-mas for good coyotes btu with aby damage its gonna hurt!Thsi sale is alot of the early stuff from thsi eyar and the late stuff from last fall, I still think he will make soem on mine!
if you are plannign on sellign to gary I would give him a holler, he will keep you in mind then couse I am planning on cleaning his bankroll out this year lol!! he did hear that Patchin I believe from porkipine plain is buying but sounds like only paying 10-15, gary is apying from 20-25 hole!if you coem down give me a holler and we can do soem callign over by Gary's I knwoa few honey holes over there, I usually get 5 or so every day i head out his way!

sureshot,
I heard through the grapevine that patchin paid $16/ea for a bunch of put up coyotes. He always low balls the prices. I would never,ever sell to him. Gary always pays attention to the market & he knows his prices. I'll call him after Christmas. Yeah I'll call you. What I'll do is leave here super early, meet you, hunt for the morning & then take in everything & sell it to Gary. If that's allright with you.Get a hold of me & we'll set it up.

anytime yote boy,I hutn every weekend all day and days off, and if slow at work get a few days off each season, lets just hope the weekened we pick is better than the past 3 been total crap and warm, todya they were movign like crazy, seen a ton on a big lake but coudl not get them to coem in no matter what I tried, must be the weather front coming in!

Hey Folks,

Just letting you know there is a new local fur dealer in Saskatchewan.

Just started up this year and looking for fur.

You can email westcentralfur@sasktel.net to schedule a pickup.

We are very fair and will pay good $ for your fur.

Whole frozen.

Back