model 43 in 22 hornet.

cujo618

Came across a winchester model 43 in 22 hornet. Dont know much about these rifles could anyone give me some advice on the rifle and what it is worth

Originally Posted By: cujo618Came across a Winchester model 43 in 22 hornet. Don't know much about these rifles could anyone give me some advice on the rifle and what it is worth

They were $67.95 when they were made, but a clean one now can go for outrageous money.

They are very nice rifles, and hold their value very well.

I have not scene the rifle myself a good friend has scene the rifle said it was in good condition and that it had a old weaver scope on it.

Originally Posted By: cujo618I have not scene the rifle myself a good friend has scene the rifle said it was in good condition and that it had a old weaver scope on it.

Then it is probably worth a little less, unless it is a Weaver K-8 or K-10. If that is the scope, then it is worth the $750 price.

1 more post and you can start selling in the classified ads.

grin.gif

Thanks my buddy is going to go get it and bring it to me over the weekend. I wasnt sure what it was worth.

Last edited:
Make sure the chamber is perfect. I had on in the 70s shot like crud, never under 3" & found out later when I traded it for a .222 rem 788 the dealer said the headspace/chamber was shot to heck.

I have the Model 43 in a .218 Bee and love the rifle. That being said, I know of some folks who have the same rifle in .22 Hornet that have had some head space issues, resulting in cracked cases near the rim. If you can shoot it, you should be able to tell. If not, ask for some recently fired brass to inspect. Also make sure the magazine works.

Otherwise, I think the price is a bit high, but if it is in good condition, you will have a nice little gun for many years to come. Also, if it is a Deluxe version (checkered stock), it will be worth more than what he is asking.

Eric

Back