Which caller to get??

IAYoteHunter

I am fairly new to predator calling and I was looking into buying an e caller. I know lots of people like foxpro, but they're a little pricey for me. I was looking into a primos alpha dogg. Does anyone like the alpha dogg? Would you recomend it? Thanks!

Hi..welcome to the site.
I don't know much about the alpha dog, but I do have a Turbo dog and its a ok call. Has good volume and can download sounds to it fairly easy..I had it out this morning and had it set out about 35/40 yards away on the ground and I could not get it to work..needless to.say I was mad. It probably would have helped to have it elevated. I would look into a wildfire or a used foxpro..or even a refurbished call from foxpro, the customer service is great from foxpro.

wildfire2!! I just got mine and took it out for the first time and set it out 30 yards away and had no problem controlling it remotely. It had great volume too! Can download more sounds and it has foxbang, which you can preset a call to go off automatically when it detects a gun shot. People recommend a coyote pup distress, to help a 2nd yote come in if you shoot the first one. Just in my opinion!

Just my two cents....

Use an open reed call to start with. Many excellent custom calls can be had for about $25 dollars. Easy to blow and can be very loud. Many Youtube demo's. Try that and see if you get results. The E-caller is just an extension and much more versatile.

This is not as easy as some think.

Then when you can, buy the best FoxPro you can afford. Many wish they waited to get a better one or try to sell the one they have, to upgrade. Can be hard to justify the expense but well worth the quality. Welcome to the addiction, Good luck to you!

i use the apache by western rivers and really like it .i bought mine thru pcs outdoors think the price was around 260. it holds 400 sounds and remote works out to at least 100 yrds.check it out and best of luck in your outings

I've used the Primos turbo dogg for the last year. With the call elevated, 100 yds with remote is no problem. I use the cheap AA alkaline batteries, been in caller since November and still same batteries. Temperatures up here are probably a lot colder than most. Primos customer service has been good to me.

I beg to differ on the customer service.
After my truck got totaled in a flash flood with my FP inside.
I sent it back to get it fixed and would have paid to get it fixed.
They sent it back and said they wouldnt fix it because it got wet.
No more FP products for me.

I really like my alphadogg. You can do so much with it, as far as programming goes. In my opinion its just as good as a foxpro. For a call that you can get for 250.00 bucks its hard to beat. I've only seen a few with problems with their CS, but you have that with every item and manufacture.

I own the alpha dogg and for the money have been exremely pleased. From calling the small woodlots of east central KS to the open prarie of the flint hills, there is plenty of volume. The only downfall is when the batteries get weak, the sound will distort at louder volumes. Otherwise, it's been a great purchase.

onebad06vtx , thats odd , when i had a FX3 i dropped it in the creek , I sent it in told them what I did and they fixed it for free , always had good CS from the guys at FoxPro

Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to get the Alpha Dogg from Primos. Have heard lots of good reviews about it. And for the price, hard to beat! Thanks!

Onebad06vtx,

Something certainly doesn't sound right to me. That does not sound like something our service dept would do or say. I do remember one time not long ago that a customer sent a unit in with water damage. The damage was so bad that nothing could be repaired--the only thing salvageable on the unit was the plastic housing. In a case like that, it is cheaper to buy a new unit. And I'm sure in that case, a discount would have been offered on a new unit.
Could you please let me know the details? Also, your name so I can check the records. If you don't want to post it here, my email is mike@gofoxpro.com. I'll get to the bottom of it asap.

Last edited:
You know, I have a alpha dogg, and I really like it, I had a FX3 a few years ago(I bought it used)and I really hated the remote, and that's why I went with the alpha dogg, and I really couldn't afford the fox pro that I wanted, but after being on here and seeing how much FOX PRO participates in these forms and answers questions and stuff, I'm going to be selling my dogg and buying a FOXPRO. I'm VERY impressed with FOXPRO now.

Back