there in heat

Coyote Slayer 1

Coyotes are in heat I took four to day two were female and the blood was flowing also checked a few pissposts and there was blood mixed in to the snow.

I used a feamale in heat call to take the two males along with a Bata Male howl and the two female coyotes fell to female territorial mixed with rabbit sounds have a good week all >>>

Good job Coyote Slayer!

Do you use an e-caller?
If so, what kind?

What is your secret?
Whin I lived in California, four coyptes in a day wasn't too big a deal. Up here, at least down on the Kenai, it's a different story.

Got any advice?

Thanks, AW

The E caller I use is a Wildlife Tec system I poasted the type of mouth calls I like and use on the coyote proposal section.

It would probley help you to find out how many coyotes you have in your area if you have a lot of wolves you probley won't have a lot of coyotes as wolves eat them just as coyotes eat fox.

This is where all your preseason works pays off like you are running a trap line no different in the how and whys just the way you take them.

I wish there was a magic pill to take or a magic caller or that coyote and wolf seeking bullet but there is none it all comes down to hard work and learn by mistake one thing you said did catch my Eye You are not in Calf. and a lot of people make that mistake what works great in the States does not work here you may even have to go way north and get into sheep country to find good coyote country >>>

So would it be right to assume that the pups would come around 3rd week in April? Would it be a little earlier here on the coast (Copper River Delta)?

Is this the time of year when foxes go into heat also?
My friend has shot two in the past few days that are rubbed bad. Is this what happens when they are in heat?

As to the pups you are preaty close to the time frame some early may is not uncommon.

As to fox here where I am the fox start to rub this time of year my friends that take a lot of fox are done by now bouth hunting and trapping due to poor fur not sure if going in to heat is the cause of this or not

Back